Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender CD-140S or Yamaha FG700S?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, thanks nevertheless Bitey for taking the time to offer such detailed feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitey View Post
      ...... impossible to fix. The neck needed resetting......
      Are you saying that this was a new guitar and needed a neck reset? Or an older guitar and needed a neck reset? Or that it was "impossible" to do a neck reset?

Comment

I have yet to pay a decent fender acoustic -have heard they make a upper end model or two -but have yet to play one -
        so my answer goes to Yamaha - Thou Id buy up the ladder a bit -I still have my 1971 yammie 12 string -still sounds good ,
        unfortunately its worth practicaly nothing -if it was me Id look at the new Guilds Cordoba is making ( thou a tad more in price )
        Last edited by Tony Burns; 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

My vote also goes to the Yamaha. Although I've never played that particular model, I still regularly play my 1978 FG-365S and, as Terry Allan Hall mentions, it still sounds excellent and plays well. My experience with Fender acoustics has been with friends' guitars, and my overall impression has been that their sound tends to be "thinner", for lack of a better word, and playability rather variable.

Cheers,

------------------------------
          EDIT: Apologies .... just noticed that this thread was OPed in 2009 ...
          Last edited by Rickkkk; 06-19-2017, 08:36 AM.
          Rick
          Yamaha FG-365S 6-string, 1978 / Gibson B-25-12 12-String (1960's ?) / A&L Cedar dread A/E, 2006 / Epiphone MB200 banjo / Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat, 2005 / Yamaha RBX 260 bass / Como mandolin w/Schatten Duelli SBT / Sonata Diatonic accordion / Various harmonicas, tin whistles and flutes / Roland Fantom FA76 Keyboard / Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp / L.R. Baggs PADI / Boss GT-6 / DigiTech RP-80 / Tapco Mix60 / Alesis MultiMix 6Fx & 8USB / Yamaha StagePAS 500 PA

Comment

• DeepEnd
            DeepEnd commented
            Editing a comment
            Your vote is appreciated but the OP asked the question 8 years ago so the subject is mainly moot unless someone else has the exact same question, which is unlikely.

Working...
        X