Harlin question Brothers slide guitar

paisley strat

• Members

I recently picked up a used Harlin Brothers of Chicago Ill. hawiian slide guitar with a square neck, and am having trouble finding out info on it. Anybody know about the Harlin Brothers, also from Indianapolis? They also made lap steel and pedal steel guitar from the 1950-60's. Any info would be great. I will post photos soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello,

I have been searching for info on the same guitar for a couple of years. No one seems to know a thing about it.

I have what appears to be the same guitar, but mine is in much better shape than the one pictured and the Harlin Brothers stamp says Indinapolis, not Chicago. It is in a very old case and has the accessories included. I also have a lot of old sheet music (late 30's & early 40's) that came with it...and also paperwork where the original owner took lessons at a Hawaiian Melody School, dated from 1938.

The guitar itself has a serial number of 2037 stamped in it. It is missing 1 string, but otherwise is in close to excellent shape. As I said, I have searched for info and for it's value for 2 years, with no luck.

If you are interested in it.....please email me at.... cj56@att.net.

Thank You,

Christy

Archived