Vintage Hohner HG 910 acoustic - 1979-1982

conway

• Members

I couldn't find info on my HGK-512 so I emailed Hohner about it and got a very detailed response about the characteristics of my guitar.

PM me and I'll send you the contact's email address.

Google "hohner hg-910" and you'll get some eBay hits that may tell you something as well.

• Members

I couldn't find info on my HGK-512 so I emailed Hohner about it and got a very detailed response about the characteristics of my guitar.

PM me and I'll send you the contact's email address.

Google "hohner hg-910" and you'll get some eBay hits that may tell you something as well.

Can you post a picture of the 512. I would really like to see it.

• Members

It doesn't play great with the lifted bridge. The intonation is horrible.

In it's youth, it was a fine guitar. I've had it since about 1978-79. I thought it sounded best with phosphor bronze strings on it. But that's me.

This is what the guy from Hohner had to say about it:

The HGK512 was made from 1975 to 1980. It was made in Korea. The list price was $129.50.

The top is laminated spruce. The back and sides are laminated mahogany.

The neck is mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard. The position markers are perloid (synthetic pearl). The scale length is 25.5".

I plan to have the bridge replaced and fitted with one that will have a fixed saddle instead of the adjustable one that it came with.

Sorry, not sound clips. I never recorded with it.

• Members

I receievd the guitar yesterday...... Has a great neck and sound. Back, side and top are in super condition. This one was played but not abused at all. Maple bindings on body, neck and head stock. Really nice guitar. And very light weight... I do not beleive this body wood is laminated. You can see the grain inside is identical to the grain outside... The weight is also a dead give a way..This is a big bodied guitar and its light weight amaze's me. Ok, here the skinny......... The body is big and the neck is chunky.... too much for my frame. I will sell it for $?????????????? This giutar is as good as most good ones that sell for $2,500 and more..........lots more. Make me an offer!

• Members

I receievd the guitar yesterday...... Has a great neck and sound. Back, side and top are in super condition. This one was played but not abused at all. Maple bindings on body, neck and head stock. Really nice guitar. And very light weight... I do not beleive this body wood is laminated. You can see the grain inside is identical to the grain outside... The weight is also a dead give a way..This is a big bodied guitar and its light weight amaze's me. Ok, here the skinny......... The body is big and the neck is chunky.... too much for my frame. I will sell it for $?????????????? This giutar is as good as most good ones that sell for $2,500 and more..........lots more. Make me an offer!

Pics, brother.

Archived