Crate Limo and Telluride for sale

totamus

• Members

Well, my PA gear has simply grown to have way too many items. A few days ago I did some swapping and wound up with Fender 250 watt passport system. I am not at all a fan of Fender, but this is a nice little amp. I've been playin it for the last week and decided I will keep it.

I will use it for smaller venues, where I have been using the Limo or Telluride.

These are both good amps (both made in the USA). The Telluride is in Excellent+ cosmetic condition, and the Limo has been gigged much more. It is still in great operating condition, but there are scratches in the plastic molded case from being loaded/unloaded so often.

I don't want to ship the Telluride - just too heavy and I don't have a box (Local only) but I would ship the Limo.

Not in a rush on either, will throw them on Craigslist until they sell.

I thought someone here might be interested. $350 for the Telluride, $250 for the Limo.

• Members

Be very careful to NOT leave it on to the point of draining the battery completely...it WILL kill the battery, as I discovered tonight.

Seems my youngest son had plugged his iPod into mine Wednesday evening so he could listen to it and hadn't plugged the amp into the wall OR turned it off when he got through w/ it...

OTOH, a 12v, 7.5 Ah battery is a common item at many feed, tractor supply and/or hardware stores, so it'll be easy enough to replace it in the morning...for $30-35! :mad:

• Members

Be very careful to NOT leave it on to the point of draining the battery completely...it WILL kill the battery, as I discovered tonight.

Seems my youngest son had plugged his iPod into mine Wednesday evening so he could listen to it and hadn't plugged the amp into the wall OR turned it off when he got through w/ it...

OTOH, a 12v, 7.5 Ah battery is a common item at many feed, tractor supply and/or hardware stores, so it'll be easy enough to replace it in the morning...for $30-35!
:mad:

Very good to know. Thanks Terry. :thu:

• Members

OTOH, a 12v, 7.5 Ah battery is a common item at many feed, tractor supply and/or hardware stores, so it'll be easy enough to replace it in the morning...for $30-35!
:mad:

A kid can mow the lawn a few times for $35!:thu:

• Members

If your PD250 has the VIP system keep it in the back of your mind to turn it off when you're playing. Though it's great to have engaged for playing between set music and announcements I saw a guy fight that for a long time thinking here was a problem with the system. He forgot the VIP feature there and that it had been turned on.

• Members

Yeah its got the VIP - first thing I did was turn it all the way down. For everyone else - the VIP system lets you set on mic with priority - so that all of the other inputs are significantly reduced when ever there is a signal present. Not much use for musicians, but ok for Bingo I guess...

• Members

You know, totamus, I work at a church that has the 150 watt Passport. It's a little inelegant and I always wish it was more flexible. But it gets the job done, fits into our tiny little car when assembled, and it's really not that expensive (especially since we got ours used). Hope it works out for you.

• Members

It does indeed need more controls - and I have never liked Fender. But it is not my my main PA - for that I have a mixer/amp/speakers/monitor. This is what the three piece group uses.

The real deciding factor for me was the 6 inputs. I occasionally have other musicians join me and it is a little awkward with the Limo or Telluride.

I wouldn't have bought it outright, but I did a series if swaps where I wound up with very little invested. Easy set up and portability were the deciding factors...

• Members

Terry, when you were charging the Limo did the light in the back stay on? Mine will either come on red or yellow/green for a second then turn off. I am wondering if I am getting a full charge. Havent had any problems at all but also havent used it very long without it plugged in. Any thoughts?

• Members

Terry, when you were charging the Limo did the light in the back stay on? Mine will either come on red or yellow/green for a second then turn off. I am wondering if I am getting a full charge. Havent had any problems at all but also havent used it very long without it plugged in. Any thoughts?

I've owned two Limos so far, and in both cases, the charge light always comes on for an instant, then goes out...but I've always tried to never run it down, for obvious reasons.

BTW, I found the correct battery @ the local Radio Shack Outlet for $17...they had a pile of 'em, so I bought two, and replaced the one in my Taxi 30, as well (it was getting to where it was running out of juice pretty quickly). For whatever reason, the Taxi 30's charge light always stays on while being charged.

• Members

FYI - The Traynor TVM50 Travelmate 50 appears to be pretty much the same amp as the Limo. They go for $290 CDN new. That's somewhere around $232 US if you can get them.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=826

The Traynor TVM50 Travelmate 50 is much more similar to the Crate Taxi 30 than the Limo 50, in that it has only a single EQ knob for the vocal channel and no FX...fair price, though.

Might look into getting one, replacing the 10 w/ a heavier-duty one and having a battery-powered bass amp! :cool:

Archived