Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you take care of Grey Goose. I'll be coming for it when you're done with her.
    - Rob

YouTube (GuiTuber)
    Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance & Yamaha Player's Guild

Comment

Thanks.

She's the one to the right of the lady. (on the lady's left-hand side).

She is an awesome guitar. The Cambodian Rosewood and Cedar sound magnificent.
      I'm set up for recording now. But I'm overloaded with work. I'll make a sound
      clip with the LR Baggs, without & with them mixed.

Pretty damned impressive.

That's why I'm unsure if I'm bringing the Guild D-60 over here.
      I already have a great-sounding Rosewood, the Grey Goose.

The arch top has dead strings too. It's time to make a sound clip
      of it with dead strings to show y'all what a true monster it is.

It fears no arch top in terms of sheer acoustic volume. Bring it on
      Gibson, Guild, D'Benedetto. As far as volume goes - this thing
      will drown y'all out.

Godin 5th Avenue? What a poser!
      Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Excellent solution, Marc. Lovely gits and that painting is beautiful, too.

I'm getting ready to move to smaller digs and will soon face the challenge of arranging a LOT of gits and equipment in a small room.

Comment

Just make sure you take care of Grey Goose. I'll be coming for it when you're done with her.

And I've got dibs on the F65ce.
          I fell in love with that git - most incredible tone I've ever heard.

Comment

Sam, Bars inside the window are a good thing for hanging guitars.
            You need good guitar stands though.

I'll probably keep the F-65ce here again another year. I need
            a Maple in my arsenal. It would be nice to travel for once without
            the hassle of bring a guitar. So I may not bring any back.

Too bad you're not in Louisiana. I'll be eating at Crawfish Town in
            Breaux Bridge for sure. And I'll be passing through Alex again.

Comment

Though I think I understand I'd like to see the solution sans the drapes to see how they actually fit.

The main thing to consider is the film. Just because it blocks visible light and hides the view does not mean it blocks damaging radiation and heat, something the curtains aren't going to help with either. If the film is reflective on the back side you're probably good to go. Any way to get the material's reflective specs?
              Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

daklander:
                "Though I think I understand I'd like to see the solution sans the drapes to see how they actually fit."

I've been thinking about putting the guitar stands completely inside the drapes.
                That means they would be behind the curtains - protruding out. I'd have to rest my guitars on that.
                Guitars would be outside the curtains. Stands would be inside the curtains, fastened to the bars.

But in doing it that way - I might get an even more stable mounting of the
                stands. I'm going to check that out in the next few days.

As you can see, the guitars stands (including the top & the cross-piece), are
                all outside the curtains.

One thing is for sure, this has cleared up a lot of clutter and floor space in my bed room/music room.
                I like it.

Comment

Yeah, I see that and that's why I'd like to see just how the stand hang behind the bars without the curtains, or the guitar in the way.
                  Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

I checked it today again. The top of the stand is not only reinforced by physics, now it's reinforced with nylon twine too inside the window.

These things aren't going anywhere. The biggest danger would be a bump that caused a guitar to fall forward or sideways. Falling forward is unlikely since they're leaning backwards. A bump causing a guitar to fall sideways is a possibility. But I think it's very remote. Any bump at all is unlikely because people can't walk in the areas where they are hung. There's no room. Now if I had a cat or a pet monkey - watch out.

I have bumped my head twice on the Guild stand though, getting out of bed. It didn't move.

The guitar stands themselves - ain't going anywhere. They ain't even gonna move. Guaranteed.

Comment

It's a pretty neat solution to my floor space problem.

Cool idea... but not all of us live in a prison cell. oke:

Comment

My gear wouldn't fit in that room
                        http://www.rivercityrockets.com

Comment

Yeah, visually striking, just a question?

Would the dust entering the sound hole and settling on the porous wood affect the tone.

Im thinking of the same idea, and wondered if humidifiers might alleviate my (our) potential problem.

Dont know
                          Civil posters society no 11, currently trying to remember what we were talking about. Ignoring my bank statements and my guitar.

Comment

I don't know the answer. It's a good question.

When they were on the floor, I had them each covered with a shirt.
                            Thus dust never settled. Now that they're off the floor - I have to deal
                            with that. I have to be careful though. Hanging a shirt over it will pull
                            it forward a bit.

I'm still thinking it through. But it's a beautiful solution for opening up floor
                            space.

Comment

I don't see a problem as long as they're not in direct sunlight. But I don't care for the look of those stand legs sticking out there. As re-purposed, they're unnessecary and look way too easily snagged. One of your luthier buds could make you a neck based hanging rail that'd look a lot better and be more safe.

Comment

yeah yoou could ask the pretty lady to put down the lantern and hold some guitars
                                rangerrick
                                2005 Martin D-35 with K&K western
                                2000 Simon Patrick D6ce
                                Ashdown Acoustic Radiator I

Comment

Working...
                                X