Dammit!! Finally got real assed GAS for sumpin I ain't buyin!!

Frets99

Sounds like you need a 12-step program.
:)

#1: stay away from guitar stores

:cry:

Sooooo would an $80 Rogue..... y'know.... sound... n feel... like the aforementioned..... angel hottie?

563561jpg.jpg

Or would I just be left... rationalizing my way..... out of ... this kind.. of a .... situation???

lisa1.jpg

No... dammit.... I don't want to meet your parents!!!! I don't even know how I got here!!! I thought I had cab fare in my wallet!! Oh damn.... Did you steal my wallet and offer me a ride? damn.... damn.... damn......:cry:

Take little steps.

Start with a Morgan Monroe, then a Blueridge, then a Guild, then the Martin. Who knows, maybe you will find that Sweet Sound before you get there and save yourself a bunch of $$$$$$.

:idea:

Morgan!!

M-30-2.jpg

[YOUTUBE]UCNl9IYIbog[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Take little steps.

Start with a Morgan Monroe, then a Blueridge, then a Guild, then the Martin. Who knows, maybe you will find that Sweet Sound before you get there and save yourself a bunch of $$$$$$.

Stop at the Guild...it really doesn't get any better (just ask Clapton...or Ritchie Havens...or Tommy Smothers...or George Benson... ;))

Guild68catCover.jpg

Or Pete Townsend...

06_guild12.jpg

Or even less-famous musicians...

DSCF5973-Terry.jpg

:cool:

• Members

I've tried to like the Clapton model. I've played several, and they just don't do it for me. Not bagging on Martin's, I want an 000-15 as well, haha, those rule; but the Clapton just didn't sound any better than 000's half or even a third of the price.

Maybe I'm just guitar stupid :(

But man, it would be sweet to have. That Morgan sounds killer.

• Members

Frets99,
I'm with you. The Clapton 000-28M is even better. The Madagascar Rosewood just gives it a warmer tone that I like. The autograph has to make it sound better too, right? It is loud for a small body. I went by, for the forth time, today and played the "M". $6749.00 list, $5000.00 is the best deal I could get. I passed for now. Maybe I can do some trading when the owner is in. Maybe we could get some stimulus money for guitars.
They had a John Mayer signature, 0MJM that was about as good but to my ear the Clapton sounds best. The binding is different but the top finish looks the same. The neck was a mat finish.

Roger

• Members

Frets99,

I'm with you. The Clapton 000-28M is even better. The Madagascar Rosewood just gives it a warmer tone that I like. The autograph has to make it sound better too, right? It is loud for a small body. I went by, for the forth time, today and played the "M". $6749.00 list, $5000.00 is the best deal I could get. I passed for now. Maybe I can do some trading when the owner is in. Maybe we could get some stimulus money for guitars.

They had a John Mayer signature, 0MJM that was about as good but to my ear the Clapton sounds best. The binding is different but the top finish looks the same. The neck was a mat finish.

Roger

Are they both Adirondack tops?

Archived