Buskers, Street Performers

bruto

• Members

if you start in the center of colorado springs and head west it's like taking a time machine back to the 1960s. By the time you get to manitou you're in hippy central. I actually saw an old school bus, full of hippies, parked in downtown colorado springs, on sierra madre. They were all hanging out outside the bus, bbqing and playing guitars.

and btw, I'm not hating on hippies or anything, I just think it's kind of funny how colorado seems to attract so many of them.

• Members

if you start in the center of colorado springs and head west it's like taking a time machine back to the 1960s. By the time you get to manitou you're in straight hippy central. I actually saw an old school bus, full of hippies, parked in downtown colorado springs, on sierra madre. They were all hanging out outside the bus, bbqing and playing guitars.

and btw, I'm not hating on hippies or anything, I just think it's kind of funny how colorado seems to attract so many of them.

There are certain places that have become havens for hippies. Brattleboro Vermont is one. I love going there, eating at the co-op vegetarian restaurant that has been in operation since the 70's and seeing all the long hair, tie-dye and sandals. It's like going back to my glory days. :love:

• Members

3810046155_9266392b24.jpg

This photo shows how the money is really earned. While Tourist USA is waiting for his wife to snap a photo, Hug Box plucks his wallet.

Then, a little while later:

Police to victim, "Can you describe him?" "What? Let me see if I got this straight. He was wearing a box and you couldn't see his face? Can you describe the box?"

• Members

In the 70s, when I was a young child, I remember this TV variety show where this giant head would walk around and eat people. It totally freaked me out. The picture above reminds me of that giant head.

p.s. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, please fill me in -- it is only a vague memory.

• Members

if you start in the center of colorado springs and head west it's like taking a time machine back to the 1960s. By the time you get to manitou you're in hippy central. I actually saw an old school bus, full of hippies, parked in downtown colorado springs, on sierra madre. They were all hanging out outside the bus, bbqing and playing guitars.

Manitou is a cool place. I live across town in Colorado Springs. Here are a few more photos I've taken of Manitou:

3763149017_98e642f727.jpg3810850700_945ea0ec69.jpg3790823595_2b4e20fdca.jpg3813453718_f2985d8258.jpg3763982064_6df993d91e.jpg3763982192_be6dbca115.jpg

• Members

In the 70s, when I was a young child, I remember this TV variety show where this giant head would walk around and eat people. It totally freaked me out. The picture above reminds me of that giant head.

p.s. If anyone remembers what I'm talking about, please fill me in -- it is only a vague memory.

I loved that Giant Head that Ate People show! Oh wait, I'm thinking about the dog in Body Snatchers. I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

8-barking-movie-dog-moments-08-430-75.jp