No announcement yet.

Buskers, Street Performers

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buskers, Street Performers

I took this photo a few weeks ago in Manitou Springs, Colorado. I don't know the players, but I see them around when I'm in Manitou (I ride my motorcycle over there all the time.)

Gear: buncha stuff and a couple bazilion cables

They're called - "Weed and Brokeback". They'll get you high, but watch out for the second part.

Comment

i thought buskers had open cases so they can get wine money/ those two look like they are posing for the camera while strumming an E chord. Best buskers I have ever heard were on the warf in Santa Cruz, but don't ask if you can play their guitar (personal experience says I won't do that again).
      Thank God for God!

Comment

Umm..Is there someone in the background wearing a box?

Yamaha FG345

Seagull S6

DeArmond M-75

Epiphone Dot Studio

Epiphone Dot Deluxe

Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

Gibson Melody Maker

Good deal with bennintexas, Little_Buster,steve_man,Procreatur,Dr. Scottie C

Comment

Umm..Is there someone in the background wearing a box?

Ha ha, i see. It says " Love is what i got. Love is all you..." then its blocked out buy the busker

Comment

That's my perfect day! All day wine tasting AND acoustic guitar.
            Guitars? Too damn many, but not enough!

Comment

Were they good? The buskers around here are real musicians.

Comment

if you start in the center of colorado springs and head west it's like taking a time machine back to the 1960s. By the time you get to manitou you're in hippy central. I actually saw an old school bus, full of hippies, parked in downtown colorado springs, on sierra madre. They were all hanging out outside the bus, bbqing and playing guitars.

and btw, I'm not hating on hippies or anything, I just think it's kind of funny how colorado seems to attract so many of them.
                "What we obtain too cheaply we esteem too lightly"-Thomas 'House Of' Paine

Fender Jazz Bass
                1970 Ampeg B-25B w/2x15 cab

http://www.myspace.com/theyeswecans

Comment

Were they good? The buskers around here are real musicians.

They actually were pretty good.
                  Gear: buncha stuff and a couple bazilion cables

Comment

if you start in the center of colorado springs and head west it's like taking a time machine back to the 1960s. By the time you get to manitou you're in straight hippy central. I actually saw an old school bus, full of hippies, parked in downtown colorado springs, on sierra madre. They were all hanging out outside the bus, bbqing and playing guitars.

and btw, I'm not hating on hippies or anything, I just think it's kind of funny how colorado seems to attract so many of them.

There are certain places that have become havens for hippies. Brattleboro Vermont is one. I love going there, eating at the co-op vegetarian restaurant that has been in operation since the 70's and seeing all the long hair, tie-dye and sandals. It's like going back to my glory days.

Comment

The town I live in is full of hippies too young and old. I thought about opening a booth offering Beading and Braiding for armipits for the lady hippies.

What is the difference between the 1960`s hippies and the Hippies of today?

A trust fund.

Comment

There were plenty of trust fund hippies back in the day, too.

Comment

Well after seeing those guys, I don't feel so bad about using my peace symbol strap.

carguy

Comment

Ok, enough about Weed and Brokeback, I want to know about Huge Box (no, not the girl you used to date...)
                            Eor sez: You're only going around once, man. Soon enough, your guitar will be placed in a case, too. put some dings on it first.

-STFU, unpucker your tight ass, and relax

-Tartan Who?

Comment

From the look of him (her?), it looks like playing the guitar would be a bit awkward. Maybe a singer?
                              carguy

Comment

Working...
                              X