X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bently Guitar

My friend was just given a Bently flat top Acoustic guitar. Its model number is 5104A and the serial number on the guitar is #95011000006. Can anyone give me any more info on this guitar? I'll upload a picture when I can.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Deals With: TheBumRush, van5073, Zdawg, MickTaylorFan, kirkw</div>

Pics

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good Deals With: TheBumRush, van5073, Zdawg, MickTaylorFan, kirkw</div>

Comment

I think they were distributed by the St. Louis Music Company, late 80's, early 90's. Rather poor quality and no real value in them. Probably $100 bucks brand new. That one actually looks like it might be in relatively good shape.

Looks like it's been in a dust storm.

RT1

Roger Waters
      Echoes
      from the MEDDLE LP

Comment

What RT1 says is correct. That particular model was produced by the St. Louis Music Company from 1995 to 1997:

http://www.usedprice.com/dropdown.php?pn=&ob=model&item_id=158848&catname=m usical_instrument&mfrid=3674&typeid=149&query=

Unfortunately, I don't have an account with the site, so I can't tell ya how much it's worth. Not much would be my best guess, but if it sounds good and plays good, who gives a hoot about how much it's worth?
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><div align="left"><font face="Arial Black">Guitars:</font> Seagull S6+CW, Epiphone LP Standard, Ovation CU247, Gretsch G5120, Seagull S12 (w/ JJB Prestige 330), Martin GPCPA3</div> <div align="left"><font face="Arial Black">Mandolins:</font> Mid-Missouri M-2, WWII-era Octave Mandolin</div><div align="left"><font face="Arial Black">Amps:</font> Fender Princeton Chorus, Marshall AVT50H/AVT412, Crate VC120H</div><div align="left"><font face="Arial Black">Effects:</font> EBow &gt; AKG Wireless &gt; Boss TU-2 &gt; Boss PH-3 &gt; EHX Doctor Q &gt; Dunlop 535 Wah &gt; Boss OS-2 &gt; Boss EQ-20 &gt; Boss CH-1 &gt; Boss NS-2 &gt; Boss RV-3</div></font><br />
        <font size="1"><font face="Arial Black"><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2716641-The-Left-Handed-Guitar-Caper-an-000-for-Kristy" target="_blank">LHGCC</a> Participant ~ </font></font><font size="1"><font face="Arial Black"><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2771728-Jimmy-Caper" target="_blank">Jimmy Caper</a></font></font></div>

Comment

Thank you guys I appreciate it.

Comment

Pretty cool. My first guitar was a 3/4 size "student model" Bently that I got as a gift when I was 6 years old. I still have that little guitar. When college came around (many years ago), I decided to upgrade and found another Bently, an AC/EL with a cutaway...which I also still have. Neither one of those guitars are particularly noteworthy for their sound, playability, or value, but mine mean a lot to me for sentimental reasons.

I think the Bently guitar brand turned into the "Austin" guitar brand somewhere around 2000.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">See what happens when you mess with the basschick!!<br />
            <br />
            winner of oldivor's post of the day award 9/25/06</div>

Comment

Working...
            X