RGD: 1968 Martin D12-35

Sangemon

• Members

My '68 D12-35 came back from Martin yesterday, and I haven't been able to put it down.

They did an absolutely spectacular job! Neck reset, compression fretting, repaired cracked fretboard, new bridge and bridge plate, bone saddle, repaired loose endpiece, new pickguard, finish work was done around the endpiece, bridge and pickguard.

It's like new, and it plays like a dream now. Intonation is dead nuts. A straightedge on the neck now lands at the top of the bridge. Neck relief was about half an inch before, with a feeler gauge now it's 0.005 (non-adjustable TR). Action: E - 2.75mm e- 2.0mm @12th. Kudos to Martin Repair Department. You guys are great!

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1219-1.jpg

• Members

Tom, that's probably the most beautiful restoration I've ever seen. Truly a genuine bonafide heirloom piece. I know you spent a ton of money having the work done, but I'm also sure it was worth every penny of it. Here's hoping you play it in good health for many years to come........and kudos to C. F. Martin and Company too.

• Members

Awesome!
:thu:
I honestly can't see where it was refinished, which is the point, of course. Happy Newly Restored Guitar Day. May you play it in good health.

Thanks. I had it out in the sunshine today to get a good look at it and it looks like they refinished the entire body. There were only a couple of small dings in the top that were not through the original finish, and one semi-noticeable scratch in the finish on the treble side. It's all buffed out now. They did a beautiful job.:love:

Archived