Parkwood PW310M -$299 @ GC

acousticdepot

• Members

Reporting back. So here's the deal:

Guitar Center has this for the 299.00 special + 15% off coupon. This bring the price to 255.00 or so. However, this item does NOT qualify for free shipping and there is tax added since they have a physical presence in most (if not all) states. With these two things factored in, the total came to 284.xx shipped to Cincinnati, Ohio.

Well, I wasn't having it. So I called up Musician's Friend, told them the deal, and after a couple phone calls and speaking with different folks, I got them down to 299.00 + 20% off = 240.00 + 20 for shipping and NO tax.

All said and done, try going through Musician's Friend, as I got them down to 260.00 OUT THE DOOR including the gig bag. This was way too good of a deal to pass up and Im super happy about it! I cannot wait to get the guitar come Friday!!!!!

-Matt

• Members

Reporting back. So here's the deal:

Guitar Center has this for the 299.00 special + 15% off coupon. This bring the price to 255.00 or so. However, this item does NOT qualify for free shipping and there is tax added since they have a physical presence in most (if not all) states. With these two things factored in, the total came to 284.xx shipped to Cincinnati, Ohio.

Well, I wasn't having it. So I called up Musician's Friend, told them the deal, and after a couple phone calls and speaking with different folks, I got them down to 299.00 + 20% off = 240.00 + 20 for shipping and NO tax.

All said and done, try going through Musician's Friend, as I got them down to 260.00 OUT THE DOOR
including
the gig bag. This was way too good of a deal to pass up and Im super happy about it! I cannot wait to get the guitar come Friday!!!!!

-Matt

Good work! Cheers! Congrats! :thu:

Still a great deal.

Let's hear what you think after you get it.

But depending on what state you live in, if you order online, there should be free shipping and no sales tax.

• Members

Good work! Cheers! Congrats!
:thu:

Still a great deal.

Let's hear what you think after you get it.

But depending on what state you live in, if you order online, there should be free shipping and no sales tax.

Maybe so, but the CSR I spoke with said they charge shipping and tax to deliver to all 50 states. Of course, he may not know what he's talking about, but regardless Im stoked with the deal I got.

-Matt

• Members

Maybe so, but the CSR I spoke with said they charge shipping and tax to deliver to all 50 states. Of course, he may not know what he's talking about, but regardless Im stoked with the deal I got.

-Matt

Did you get the dread (310)? ... just curious. I am really fighting the urge to pull the trigger on this deal. Like I said the one I played at Guitar Center was sweet, very easy to play, and sounded great even with the old strings GC had strung on it.

Fact is, if I get a new guitar, I want something different and contrasting from my Taylor DN3 ... like an all mahogany Martin, like a D-17, or a D15. Oh, and there is the matter of money, if I had an extra $260/284, I'd probably just get it anyway.

I am hoping that your purchase will satisfy my OCD Guitar Buying tendencies.

Bob.

• Members

I just ordered the OM online with the coupon. They charged me $34.95 shipping to Iraq. I'll keep you guys posted when I get it.

Thanks for the heads-up HCAG!

That's not bad for international shipping. Be safe over there. You'll probably have the nicest guitar in country.

• Members

Pardon my ignorance, but the difference that makes is....?

To narrow to comfortably execute intricate fingerstyle playing without left-hand finger-buzz ... for me. 1-3/4" is as narrow as I'd go. 1-7/8" is my personal preference.

Some folks can handle 1-11/16" for fingerstyle. I can't. That nut width however is ideal for jazz chords and thumb-fretting.

Didn't check if the specs included the string spacing at the bridge. If that's narrow too, then it's two strikes against the Parkwoods.

Archived