Songbird guitars at the pawn shop

351 power

• Members

I did some guitar trading the other day. The guitar I traded for says Songbird on the head. I am fairly new to guitars but this seems to have solid sides and back(with a binding down the middle). The top looks like solid birdseye maple. The tuners are gold colored Grover, and the finish on the whole guitar is very glossy. The tag inside says Songbird, made in Korea, and 045- with three letters I can't remember. I tried a search for "Songbird" here but all I got was Gibson songbird info. This one doesn't say Gibson on it. I would like some string recommendations for it please. Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by 351 power

I did some guitar trading the other day. The guitar I traded for says Songbird on the head. I am fairly new to guitars but this seems to have solid sides and back(with a binding down the middle). The top looks like solid birdseye maple. The tuners are gold colored Grover, and the finish on the whole guitar is very glossy. The tag inside says Songbird, made in Korea, and 045- with three letters I can't remember. I tried a search for "Songbird" here but all I got was Gibson songbird info. This one doesn't say Gibson on it. I would like some string recommendations for it please. Thanks.

There were a lot of songbird copies in the 60s and 70s. It could be any manufacturer that did Gibson copies back in the 70s.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I know this is an old thread, but I just found out the answer myself from an old man who runs a music shop in my hometown. He's more than qualified to answer any question you have about anything regarding instruments or the music business in general. The reason nobody has heard of Songbird guitars is because Songbird isn't a "real" guitar company. The parent company of Songbird guitars is some company that sells cranberries actually, one of the sons in the business (cause it's a family-owned business) is crazy about guitars so he started importing guitars from Korea and printing the Songbird logo onto them.

Archived