NGD! Anyone Heard of Great Divide Guitars?

martinipm

• Members

Stopped in a local Mom & Pop today and saw a parlor that caught my attention. I never had one, so I was interested. It was a Great Divide parlor. I had never heard of the brand. I noticed from the label it was made in China. Upon inspection, I could tell that it was made pretty well. Really nice fit and finish. No excess glue. Nice maple binding on the top and bottom, as well as thr finger board. i ws equally impressed when i played it. Even balance from bass to treble. Nor muddy in the least. In fact, it was very lively. I was very impressed! I asked the owner how much. She said the list was $259, but they were selling them for $199! I expected somewhere in the $450 range. Well, I bought it, changed the the tuners to Grovers, slapped on some Elixers Nano, and am thrilled with the purchase! Here are some pics.

2ewmqt2.jpg

21b3fix.jpg

33ol095.jpg

2pos56b.jpg

jkeeco.jpg

• Members

Well, the days where all Pac-Rim guitars were unplayable GLOs (guitar like objects) are long gone. You still will run into the odd one that you could better use to slice boiled eggs, but in general the quality has come up quite a bit.

I still do believe that a Martin/Guild/Taylor/Gibson will hold up better in the long run, but if you are looking for a Cheeseburger of a guitar and not for a Filet Mignon - Pac-Rim will give you what you want.

So, HNGD to you!

• Members

Gratz!

Can't go far wrong with a guitar that you like for $200...I'm off for my holidays at the end of the week, and if I see something this price that grabs my attention I might buy one to take with me...

P.S. My Guild was built in China...not sure that means much nowadays...

Archived