Gig choice meltdown

Greymuzzle

• Members

Remember the old 'feast or a famine' saying?

Well, some of the artists for the one week Chilli Fest/Open House Festival this September have been announced, and I already can't do them all!

So far (in no order) we have:

Modest Mouse

Wilco

Iron & Wine

Seasick Steve

White Lies

Old Crow Medicine Show

Dave Rawlings Machine / Gillian Welch

Felice Bros

Low Anthem

Hayseed Dixie

I've already got tickets for Rawlings/Welch & OCMS (at the added cost of missing opening home game of the hockey season :cry: )

Who else would you regard as 'hafta see' and why, please?

PS On top of all the organised gigs the artists are inclined to get involved in all the pub and impromptu sessions, and with local bands etc there can be wall to wall music...

• Members

I think Wilco are one of the best bands in the world, very very under-rated. Glad You've already got OCMS in the bag, (I saw them on Jools Holland a couple of years back, I went straight out the next day and bought their record. A brilliant band!)

• Members

I can sympathize!!! Wilco would be on the top of my list!!! A great group:thu: I just got the line up for the Strawberry Festival in September, held near Yosemite, and it makes me want to be there in a heartbeat. Starts out on Thursday with a friend of mine Cousin Jack playing and just gets better! Railroad Earth headlines Friday, then, Saturday is Arlo Guthrie, and Sunday is Tommy Emanuel followed by Keb'Mo. It's the $190/person:eek::eek: that is holding me back!!!!

Bob

• Members

Yeah, somehow I can understand great line ups in the U.S, but this kind of thing in a 2000 person tent in an old city square in beautiful downtown Belfast is, believe me, unheard of.

It is, however, inclined to be packed with serious musos, and is the venue which Seasick Steve credits with giving him his break leading to the appearance on 'Later with Jools Holland' kick starting his current success...

Would love to see Iron&Wine again, but Wilco, who I'm aware of but haven't listened to much are getting a lot of love here.

Any other runners for this race?

Thanks for the feedback :cool:

• Members

I think Wilco are one of the best bands in the world, very very under-rated. Glad You've already got OCMS in the bag, (I saw them on Jools Holland a couple of years back, I went straight out the next day and bought their record. A brilliant band!)

I really enjoyed Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Jeff Tweedy teamed up with Lawrence Lessig working against the present US copyright laws. Lessig wrote the book titled "The Future of Ideas" and he was in many round-table discussion with Tweedy in NYC. Very interesting stuff. Jeff gets my vote. He's a good guy and a talented writer.

Archived