Let's Talk Guild Members Given Factory Tour

• Members

Damn! Damn! Damn!

For some bizarre reason, the Let's Talk Guild website is not accessible

to me from Vietnam. I can reach any website in the world apparently,

except the one that talks about Guild guitars.

Now & then, people will forward something to me. But here is a biggie I missed.

Let's Talk Guild Forumites given tour of New Hartford Connecticut factory.

It's baffling why I cannot reach that site. It's true on 2 different

computers. I couldn't reach it in China or Cambodia either.

• Members

Apparently it's not available to me in the states either. I registered to be a member of the site about 3 weeks ago. Two weeks later (last week) they sent me a questionaire in which I had to write a short essay about why I wanted to be a member. Since then, bupkis. Guess I failed the audition.

Maybe they don't allow GAD guild owners in...

• Members

The link in the article you posted didn't work for me either. Just directed me to the main forum page :idk:.

I've had this happen with other forums before, and I've got two working theories. One is that they won't let you follow links to posts if you're not a member. The other is that they've revamped their site, changed the syntax of the URLs, and didn't bother to put a redirect feature in place. And according to their news/announcements, there was a server upgrade not too long ago. Maybe that messed with the URLs?

I did a Google search (for "factory tour site:letstalkguild.com") and I came up with this, though:

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19542&sid=d54fbf473e8e8126b413b36d262a26f0&start=30

Hopefully that link works. If it doesn't, it's someone talking about a YouTube video of the tour that was removed by the owner and someone else saying that not enough forum members showed up for the tour, so they canned it. Don't know if there's any credence to that or not, since the rest of the thread makes it sound as thought the tour did happen. I dunno :idk:.

• Members

I'm a member and I went on the factory tour too. One of the forums is for members only and that's where the info and most of the threads about the factory tour are. So you have to be a member to see that forum and in order to registar you submit a request and the guy who started LMG then emails you just to make sure you are a legit person. GAD owners are very welcome.

I will be happy to answer any question you have regarding the tour... it was pretty interesting and very cool.

• Members

I'm a member and I went on the factory tour too. One of the forums is for members only and that's where the info and most of the threads about the factory tour are. So you have to be a member to see that forum and in order to registar you submit a request and the guy who started LMG then emails you just to make sure you are a legit person. GAD owners are very welcome.

I will be happy to answer any question you have regarding the tour... it was pretty interesting and very cool.

I'm a member too. And DKL, the forum owner now & then, emails me.

I just can't access his forum on my computers from over here. I've tried

from Vietnam, China & Cambodia.

It's baffling. I know in China, Facebook, Youtube & Twitter are blocked.

But why block a site devoted to Guild guitars? It makes no sense. I think

the problem is with LTG's host servers. DKL told me he was changing over

and he expected problems.

• Members

I'm a member too. And DKL, the forum owner now & then, emails me.

I just can't access his forum on my computers from over here. I've tried

from Vietnam, China & Cambodia.

It's baffling. I know in China, Facebook, Youtube & Twitter are blocked.

But why block a site devoted to Guild guitars? It makes no sense. I think

the problem is with LTG's host servers. DKL told me he was changing over

and he expected problems.

Any chance you could access the site with a proxy? Set up an VPN account or something? That might get you in . . .

If a guitar forum is blocked, though, using those techniques would almost certainly be illegal. Just an idea. Not much help, I guess :idk:.

• Members

A VPN might fix it. I'm sure the problem is in the US -- not over here.

I mean, why would Cambodia block a site about Guild guitars?

That's bizarre. But I can't reach it from Cambodia, Vietnam or China

on two -- no three different laptop computers.

DKL the LTG owner also thinks the problem is with his provider.

It may just block all traffic from this part of the world.

But there are some LTG people from NZ, Ph, & Oz. I don't know

if they can get in.

• Members

The link in the article you posted didn't work for me either. Just directed me to the main forum page
:idk:

I've had this happen with other forums before, and I've got two working theories. One is that they won't let you follow links to posts if you're not a member. The other is that they've revamped their site, changed the syntax of the URLs, and didn't bother to put a redirect feature in place. And according to their news/announcements, there
was
a server upgrade not too long ago. Maybe that messed with the URLs?

I did a Google search (for "factory tour site:letstalkguild.com") and I came up with this, though:

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19542&sid=d54fbf473e8e8126b413b36d262a26f0&start=30

Hopefully
that
link works. If it doesn't, it's someone talking about a YouTube video of the tour that was removed by the owner and someone else saying that not enough forum members showed up for the tour, so they canned it. Don't know if there's any credence to that or not, since the rest of the thread makes it sound as thought the tour
did
happen. I dunno
:idk:

http://letstalkguild.com/phpBB2/index.php is where I go

• Members

Apparently it's not available to me in the states either. I registered to be a member of the site about 3 weeks ago. Two weeks later (last week) they sent me a questionaire in which I had to write a short essay about why I wanted to be a member. Since then, bupkis. Guess I failed the audition.

Maybe they don't allow GAD guild owners in...

Be patient, it took several weeks for me to get the OK and I have a Corona Guild :eek: So you should be good with the GAD.

• Members

Be patient, it took several weeks for me to get the OK and I have a Corona Guild
:eek:
So you should be good with the GAD.

I don't remember having to do an essay to sign on to LTG.

I know he's good w/ a GAD. The only Guilds I have are GADs, and I'm a member.

Agreed - patience. I'm sure the owner/operator of the board has a life outside of the LTG forum as well.

• Members

Yup, it takes a long time to get confirmed on the Guild board. I register and never heard from them, then forgot about it a few weeks later and recieved and email from the mods that I was in.

Heh. Now I have forgotten my password and can't go back.:cry:

Archived