NAA/MPA Day for me...

• Members

That's New Acoustic Amp/Mini PA Day... ;)

At last Sunday's 4th of July gig, while loading gear to head home, my Crate Limo 50 got dropped by a well-meaning helper...when I got home, I discovered that while the light came on, no sound came out. Looked inside to see if a wire had come loose, but couldn't find anything, so yesterday I took it to my favorite electronics guy to get sorted out.

On the way home from his shop, I noticed that I passed by a string of pawn shops and I simply am unable to resist such places...at the 3rd one I found another Limo 50, one of the earlier models (w/ wooden box...my "in repair" one is of the later edition, w/ the injection-molded plastic box) for $175, but cash talks and I got it for $130! :)

So, now I have a spare Limo 50! When I get my other one back, I'm trhinking I might replace the original 10" in the new one w/ a heavier duty 10", so my bassist buddy can go busk w/ me w/o having to worry about where to plug in his amp...batteries ROCK! :thu:

• Members

Thats a good deal... Congratz!

Pretty pleased, myself! :cool:

Heard a rumor that Crate's new owners, Loud Technology, is discontinuing the Taxi Series...don't know if that's true or not, but I've been wanting a spare Limo, anyway...for small solo gigs (about 75% of my life), the Limo 50 is THE mini-PA! :love:

Might even buy one more, so I'll have 3! ;)

• Members

I've been lusting after those things for the past 10 days or so, Terry.

I had a discount coupon for MUSIC123 but Crate was on their NO DISCOUNT list of inventory. :facepalm:

So, I'm doing without for now until I stumble on one like you did recently.

• Members

Congrats on your new amp! Where I live, there isn't a pawn shop with 40 miles. Talk about being disadvantaged!
:D

stick around, carguy. I suspect that Pawn Shops are about to witness a resurgence in this country.

• Members

I've been lusting after those things for the past 10 days or so, Terry.

I had a discount coupon for MUSIC123 but Crate was on their NO DISCOUNT list of inventory.
:facepalm:
So, I'm doing without for now until I stumble on one like you did recently.

Next one I run across, I'll let you know, Queeg... :thu:

I see both the Limo 50 and the Taxi 30 on Craigslist and Ebay from time to time...just missed a Limo 50 for $127 and change a few days ago, but seems like S/H was another $30 or thereabouts...this is currently the best ebay deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/CRATE-TX50DB-LIMO-PORTABLE-COMBO-AMP-FACTORY-REFURB-/370405449199?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563de29def

Archived