"Maiden's Prayer" A HCAGF Project

kujozilla

• Members

Ladies and gents I have a proposition. I want to collaborate in the way I have done before with some songs I've written. This time there is a bit of a difference though. I am proposing to do a song someone else has written.

"Maiden's Prayer" is a song I have myself heard played loads of times at various jams and festivals. I laid down a track of me singing and playing rhythm for it. My proposal is to dedicate this thread to this song.

You can record your solo on the recording, you can sing with me in accompaniment, or you can even lay down your own version and let everyone else play around with it.

Only one rule this is a single take game. Whatever you do try doing it in one take in your style.

Here I have attached myself doing it. Forgive the singing I'm more of a writer and player than singer.

If this goes over well I will dedicate to doing this with a new song once a month. So, please contribute it should be fun.

• Members

Ladies and gents I have a proposition. I want to collaborate in the way I have done before with some songs I've written. This time there is a bit of a difference though. I am proposing to do a song someone else has written.

"Maiden's Prayer" is a song I have myself heard played loads of times at various jams and festivals. I laid down a track of me singing and playing rhythm for it. My proposal is to dedicate this thread to this song.

You can record your solo on the recording, you can sing with me in accompaniment, or you can even lay down your own version and let everyone else play around with it.

Only one rule this is a single take game. Whatever you do try doing it in one take in your style.

Here I have attached myself doing it. Forgive the singing I'm more of a writer and player than singer.

If this goes over well I will dedicate to doing this with a new song once a month. So, please contribute it should be fun.

TRULY EXCELLENT IDEA!!

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this, but I will have a go at something (even though I'm going on holiday soon and don't have any kind of mic for the moment.....yep never recorded or performed anything ever!! :D)

Thanks Kuj...this is the 'walking the walk' that I was trying to get at a little earlier in another thread.

Can you point me at the tabs for this version?

(and how do I add a recording to yours (if ever I feel like doing that!)?

Hey BTW nice song!

• Members

TRULY EXCELLENT IDEA!!

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this, but I will have a go at something (even though I'm going on holiday soon and don't have any kind of mic for the moment.....yep never recorded or performed anything ever!!
:D
)

Thanks Kuj...this is the 'walking the walk' that I was trying to get at a little earlier in another thread.

Can you point me at the tabs for this version?
Not sure it's a fiddle song normally. You could wing it if you wanted.

(and how do I add a recording to yours (if ever I feel like doing that!)?
Use audacity drag n drop.

Hey BTW nice song!

Look forward to hearing your take. :thu:

• Members

Don't worry I haven't forgotten you. I don't have access to any kind of mic where I am right now.

You said in your OP that you had done this before with your original songs...did anyone bite then..?

This type of thing seems like EXACTLY the type of thread that all of us noobs should be looking for....a chance to play along, experiment and have feedback...I promise I'll eventually do something with this even if just strum among with you (slowly and simply!) and whistle lead!! (may have to wait two weeks til I get back from my holidays..).

• Members

Don't worry I haven't forgotten you. I don't have access to any kind of mic where I am right now.

You said in your OP that you had done this before with your original songs...did anyone bite then..?

This type of thing seems like EXACTLY the type of thread that all of us noobs should be looking for....a chance to play along, experiment and have feedback...I promise I'll eventually do something with this even if just strum among with you (slowly and simply!) and whistle lead!! (may have to wait two weeks til I get back from my holidays..).

Yeah myself and Tenn. Frank actually messed around and both did versions of a song I wrote.

• Members

Example

and one more

HA! What a laugh...that was fun digging back through some of those...

and the classic.."If I can do The Rose I am sure you others can come up with something too" LMAO...!

I love the idaa of bouncing around a song...I'll (eventually!!) post a version of 'Maiden's prayer', I don't play with anyone in the real world so it's a great chance for me to get MASSACRED by the kindly people here with their kind words...LOL.

:thu: thanks for the energy Kujozilla...

Archived