Daklander

mrmoe

• Members

....haven't seen a post by Bill (Daklander) in a long time....any news of him?

I'm still alive and though I don't often drop by, when I do and something that interests me I'll watch for a couple of days and maybe make some posts. Other than that, I'm too busy with other concerns so I don't spend much time on any forums.

I've mentioned it before that I'm heavily involved in getting the Agent Orange Act of 2009 passed. That bill, if we can get it passed, will RETURN the benefits a good number of Vietnam Veterans had that were illegally taken away by the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2002. It's been a long struggle and over the last couple of years, and particularly the last year, I've become more and more involved. That leaves little time for other things. Since we, the Vietnam Veterans, are dying at a rate of around 300 per day we, as an entity, won't be viable by 2020. Our average age of death is approximately 12 years sooner than the non Vietnam Veteran so it's imperative we get this done so many of us can get the health care we need and possibly extend our lives.

• Members

I'm still alive and though I don't often drop by, when I do and something that interests me I'll watch for a couple of days and maybe make some posts. Other than that, I'm too busy with other concerns so I don't spend much time on any forums.

I've mentioned it before that I'm heavily involved in getting the Agent Orange Act of 2009 passed. That bill, if we can get it passed, will RETURN the benefits a good number of Vietnam Veterans had that were illegally taken away by the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2002. It's been a long struggle and over the last couple of years, and particularly the last year, I've become more and more involved. That leaves little time for other things. Since we, the Vietnam Veterans, are dying at a rate of around 300 per day we, as an entity, won't be viable by 2020. Our average age of death is approximately 12 years sooner than the non Vietnam Veteran so it's imperative we get this done so many of us can get the health care we need and possibly extend our lives.

I admire that man. I lost an uncle as well as some other great musician friends to agent orange.

• Members

Good luck with those efforts!

It's always struck me as the worst kind of hypocrisy when a nation sends its soldiers to fight and die and then denies them compensation and treatment for injuries and diseases resulting from that service.

• Members

Good luck with your fight and thanks for your service to our country.

• Members

Thanks for the good wishes my friends. You too can help simply by contacting your Senators and urging them to cosponsor S1939, the Senate version of the Agent Orange Act of 2009.

Thank you for all your hard work!!! :wave:

Archived