New Spider capo.

Bernie P.

• Members

It would be interesting to know how easy it is to move up and down the neck. When I use a capo, I would rather have speed than a slow operation. On the other hand, for those performers who use an insane amount of capos (I saw a guy play with 5 once) for their tunes, it might be just the ticket. The most I've used is 2 - normal and a shortcut.

One thing I definitely remember about 5 capo guy is you had plenty of time to catch a nap inbetween his gazillion capo switches.:bor:

• Members

I don't know... for me (a noob) getting into some alternate tunings am finding there's so many other things or possibilities to learn on a guitar either in standard or alternate, that I don't think I'd get real use out of it. Maybe in 20 years when I run out of the millions of other possiblities.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

A+

Mine just came in the mail today, and I am in LOVE with it. It's the kind of guitar tool that really sparks the imagination, and i'm playing in styles I would have never imagined! It's awesome, and it's also time for me to hit the porch and get back to experimenting!

• Members

I came across this capo at the BHO.It looks like a great idea
:idea:
!

http://www.spidercapo.com/index.html

I like the idea of individual string capos a lot but I don't like the nasty look of those spikey levers... Maybe it's just 'cause I saw Spellbound at an impressionable age.

I had a pal back in the 70s who had a whole collection of those cheap little strap and tooth Dunlops that he'd cut out in a variety of configurations. I use partial capoing with my Dunlop C clamp style capo frequently in a couple of positions and it can be pretty cool -- but at a certain point, I start getting the Joni Mitchell syndrome -- kind of losing myself in all those 'tunings'... (I frequently play full open D tuning, drop D bass, DADGAD, and various partial capo configurations)...

• Members

I've had a third-hand capo for years, and now I have one of these, which is definitely superior. However, my most used alternate "tuning" is Esus (simulated dadgad), for which my modified schubb is simpler to use.:facepalm:

However, if anyone has any interesting spider-capo tunings (and or tabs utilizing them), I'd love to hear from them.

cheers,

andrew

• Members

A+

Mine just came in the mail today, and I am in LOVE with it. It's the kind of guitar tool that really sparks the imagination, and i'm playing in styles I would have never imagined! It's awesome, and it's also time for me to hit the porch and get back to experimenting!

Ok.. now that I've had it for a week, I learn that it would really be ideal to have 2 or even 3 of them. The options are rather limited when you can only capo string combinations over one fret. I've gotten some open tunings with adding a full capo to it, but that's about it. It truly didn't take long for the novelty to wear off.

I'd like to still give the design an A+ over the Thirdhand, but the concept turns out to be rather lackluster.:facepalm:

Archived