VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members

Come one, come all! VOM this Sunday, June 13.

June 13 in Music History ...

1960 - "Alley-Oop" by Dyna-Sores peaks at #59

1964 - Louis Armstrong started a six week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Hello Dolly!'

1964 - The Beatles performed another two shows at Centennial Hall, Adelaide, South Australia. For the four shows that The Beatles performed in Adelaide there were 12,000 tickets, for which 50,000 requests had been placed. The two shows on this day were drummer

• Members

Ack. Haven't found a moment to record with Lauren yet. As things are going, may well not get a chance before the VOM. So will at least submit something of mine. And PROMISE to do something of a duet for July VOM, even if it takes plying her with prosecca. In Roma til early Aug.

• Members

Posted (on VOM Site) early again - back off to Turkey this weekend. BTW ( and OT) somebody asked me for photos of the Water Cistern Art Gallery I did a gig in and having taken the photos when I was there last month, I can't remember who asked for them - was it you Stack?

• Members

Posted (on VOM Site) early again - back off to Turkey this weekend. BTW ( and OT) somebody asked me for photos of the Water Cistern Art Gallery I did a gig in and having taken the photos when I was there last month, I can't remember who asked for them - was it you Stack?

It was me!

• Members

Damn, I missed it but I'm glad to see the player is back up and running so that I can listen to all the tracks in one sitting. Melodious' playing is damned inspiring and the Tommy Emmanuel covers have got my curiosity piqued.

FWIW, I've been sitting out the past few because I want to submit something that's 100% mine. I feel funny about putting up covers even though I have a lot of fun playing them and appreciate all the compliments on my playing and singing abilities. I've been writing some lyrics lately and am gonna try and put them to music. Hopefully I'll have something done before VOM1T XXX.

Hmmmm... I sense a built-in theme: "Live and Uncensored." Any former metalheads feel like doing an unplugged version of Ozzy's "No Bone Movies?" ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Heh - bludog, when you get back from the road, hook up with me so I can show you how to use the absentee section.

In the meantime, I have this entry covered, copied it into the July Absentee section at the archives site - so you're ready to go.

BTW - this thread is the June pre-discussion section.. But we know what you meant .. :thu:

Archived