Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRadetang? Gibsons made in China...

This site advertises here. The banner was at the top of this forum. I have too many questions to list.

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/New-arrival-GIBSON-ES-335-hollow-electric-guitar-in-cherry-finish-free-shipping/100777-2097295.html
    His name is Buddy. Be quiet, or you'll wake him!

wow...

gibsun
    les paul custom truss cover on a 335
    all the pics and even the description say made in china yet the bacl of the headstock is stamped 'made in usa'

quite the puzzle...
    for the coolest guitar to come along in a while check out
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jdtube
    for photo's go here- 8^)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/73172138@N00/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My meager collection includes:
    30 something rebuilt parlor guitar- sweet!
    Rogue herring bone 12 string-cheap and fun!

~Member of Psalm 19 Society~

Comment

I already posted in the counterfeit forum about this, very strange.
      Check my website:http://www.iplayguitaronline.com
      Youtube: YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LGuitarB

Comment

This site advertises here. The banner was at the top of this forum. I have too many questions to list.

http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/New-arrival-GIBSON-ES-335-hollow-electric-guitar-in-cherry-finish-free-shipping/100777-2097295.html

I have to admit to being curious about them myself.

It's no secret Rondo Music has been selling outstanding Strat and Gibson LP copies for years. I owned one of the Strat copies, the neck and body were excellent. Most people change out the hardware and electronics, but that is done to MIA gits too.
        Lon

Gear:
        More than I need.

Comment

They're plywood.

Comment

Wang Dang Sweet Tradetang!

But they're made in Quindao. That's a pretty humid Asian climate. I'd be concerned about the wood cracking here in the USA unless they're made in a humidity controlled environment. Wasn't there a thread about that recently?

Comment

I have to admit to being curious about them myself.

It's no secret Rondo Music has been selling outstanding Strat and Gibson LP copies for years. I owned one of the Strat copies, the neck and body were excellent. Most people change out the hardware and electronics, but that is done to MIA gits too.

I don't think Rondo ever put the word "gibson" or "Fender" on the headstock. The models they sell are also very visibly different from Gibbies and Fenders. I think the scores of law suits filed by the companies for the most part insured that only they could make their guitars.

I was surprised at seeing the ad on the banner of this forum.

Comment

The models they sell are also very visibly different from Gibbies and Fenders. .

I don't recall any significant differences between the Chinese strat and my MIM Strat.
                Lon

Gear:
                More than I need.

Comment

I don't recall any significant differences between the Chinese strat and my MIM Strat.

Well, I'm not a Rondo historian, so I could be wrong. Were they were selling counterfeit Gibsons and Fenders?

Comment

Well, I'm not a Rondo historian, so I could be wrong. They were selling counterfeit Gibsons and Fenders?

Nope, just cheap knock offs.

Their resonator was pretty decent though.

Comment

Nope, just cheap knock offs.

If Rondo had a copy of a hardtail I would buy one tomorrow.

My strat copy was that good. Don't care for a tremelo though.
                      Lon

Gear:
                      More than I need.

Comment

Well, I'm not a Rondo historian, so I could be wrong. They were selling counterfeit Gibsons and Fenders?

No...they sold copies...not counterfeits.

Comment

I have an Agile LP copy from Rondo. But I doubt anybody would mistake it for a gibson. The link I posted sells "Gibsons" made in China. Pretty sure gibson frowns on that...

Comment

I have an Agile LP copy from Rondo. But I doubt anybody would mistake it for a gibson. The link I posted sells "Gibsons" made in China. Pretty sure gibson frowns on that...

So Gibson's lawyer will send them a "Cease and Desist" and they'll start calling them Gibsung.

You're right, no argument about the name. I guess my point was copying is rampant, nothing from software to musical instruments is safe. Maybe they're a good copy.
                            Lon

Gear:
                            More than I need.

Comment

So Gibson's lawyer will send them a "Cease and Desist" and they'll start calling them Gibsung.

You're right, no argument about the name. I guess my point was copying is rampant, nothing from software to musical instruments is safe. Maybe they're a good copy.

Gibsung

Comment

Working...
                              X