Eastman AC 720 Acoustic Dreadnaught Opinions?

epi56ebony

• Members

just played one and it sounded great. made in china- it's kind of a bummer but it felt so good.

it was 900 dollars. there are some martins and taylors made in usa i can get for this price.

what's your opinion on the Eastman acoustic guitar line?

• Members

A lot of people really like the archtops this company makes. I don't believe that their acoustics would be any less an instrument.

I have never played one, so unfortunately I can't comment on it. But if the China thing bothers you, don't buy it....you will think about it every time you look at it....

On a personal note...$900 buys a lot of guitar used/new and Guild, Larrivee, Seagull, and Martin come to mind pretty favorably. I would include Gibson, but they are always more money.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Well I was a bit dishonest in my first post. I actually bought the guitar for 1/2 off of list because I had damaged it in the store (he also said 300.00 would also call it even). I had hit the guitar with the headstock of my strat that had just been set up and I felt I should make good. I was covertly for some idiotic reason trying to see if anyone on this forum would value this guitar at 900.00.

Anyway after 2 years, even made in China, this is an excellent acoustic guitar. Just a great big beautiful sound.

Eastman acoustics are pricey for a Made In China guitar, which is I think why they are not as common out there as Taylor or Martin.

I do believe they have more QC on this quitar as if they are made at Taylor or Martin.

2 years on...a very happy accident.

• Members

Well I was a bit dishonest in my first post. I actually bought the guitar for 1/2 off of list because I had damaged it in the store (he also said 300.00 would also call it even). I had hit the guitar with the headstock of my strat that had just been set up and I felt I should make good. I was covertly for some idiotic reason trying to see if anyone on this forum would value this guitar at 900.00.

Anyway after 2 years, even made in China, this is an excellent acoustic guitar. Just a great big beautiful sound.

Eastman acoustics are pricey for a Made In China guitar, which is I think why they are not as common out there as Taylor or Martin.

I do believe they have more QC on this quitar as if they are made at Taylor or Martin.

2 years on...a very happy accident.

Glad to hear you are still happy.

I played an Eastman E10D a while back that I thought was AWESOME. I think it was priced around $800ish or something.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Since you are bumping your own thread I'll add a comment. I am storing an Eastman OM for a friend (don't know the model but that doesn't really matter). Also don't know the price, again, that doesn't matter. What I do know is that its one heck of a fine guitar - if I was in the market to buy an OM today it would be on my list. A friend stopped by the house the other night and played it - I know that he is looking as we speak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i've only had the chance to play 2.5. a single 0 slot, a 175 copy (mine), and a friends lefty Rosewood J45 copy. the fit finish and sound were as good as anything i've seen. the dread was beautiful. bone appointments and played and sounded as good as my Gibson. i almost pulled the trigger on the parlor, but bought the electric instead. i'm not a fan of things made in china in general, but they are great. customer service was great. i called them with a pick up question, expecting to get a long menu, but they answered the phone, and apologized that their tech guy was out, but said "let me let you talk to our builder, Eric". and Hah! just noticed this post was TEN YEARS OLD!

Archived