Walden D610TP

zoid_99

• Members

I just won a Waldon D610TP on ebay but can find very little about this model. I assume it is a D600 with a pickup but find no record of such a model. I've read much about the waldens and can't wait for it to arrive. Any info would be appreciated.

• Members

I checked out the Walden catalog and I came up with some helpful information. If you want, page four has an explanation of how they come up with model numbers that makes a lot of sense.

The "D" refers to the body shape (dreadnought), and the "6" in the "610" refers to the series (Natura 600). The "10" in the "610" specifies the combination of tone woods used---Engelmann spruce and Indian rosewood, in this case. The "TP" is still a mystery to me :idk:. On their other guitars, "TB" specifies a tobacco burst and "CE" specifies a cutaway and electronics, but "TP" is conspicuously absent from the catalog. Maybe the "P" stands for pickup? Just a guess.

Disregarding the "TP", the D610 is basically a D600 with a slightly different top. A D600 has a sitka spruce top, while the D610 has an Engelmann spruce top.

• Members

Any chance you could post a link to the auction? It might be easier to figure out the meaning of the model number if people can see the guitar in question. Mu guess is that the "TP" is probably a finish or body shape designation, but it's hard to say without a pic.

Sure.. Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330485583296

I think this is a "New Old Stock (Old New Stock)?" Walden. From the auction the guy says it's a D610T and the "P" stands for pickup. Either way I think I got a great deal.

Thanks!

• Members

I just won a Waldon D610TP on ebay but can find very little about this model. I assume it is a D600 with a pickup but find no record of such a model. I've read much about the waldens and can't wait for it to arrive. Any info would be appreciated.

I emailed Walden and got a quick response from Jonathan Lee, Walden's chief designer:

"Hi Chrisopher,

Thank you for contacting us here at Walden Guitars.

The D610TP was replaced by our existing D710 a few years ago. The "P" also

means it is an electric-acoustic which would be numbered D710E today. It

shares most of the specification from that model.

http://www.waldenguitars.com/D710.html

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Jonathan Lee

Walden Guitars"

How cool is that?

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I own a 610T. Bridge had been replaced. Top cracked from bridge to end block. Fretboard bent into the upper bout joint to sound hole. Didn't really want it but I wanted the hard shell case so I had to take the axe as well. I like the solid 2 piece back. I repair/rebuild guitars so what the heck. Guitar may have been abused causing the damage or it could be construction problems.

The people at Walden are helpful and give a quick response to questions. I didn't ask them yet what the "T" means, LOL! If you want stats on the guitar go to Walden site the "D710" is the same guitar.

Has good sound balance, medium projection, medium response, excellent sustain and keeps sounding good no matter how old and dirty the strings get, that counts for a lot, I have higher end guitars that absolutely die with the strings.

I would consider it a very good guitar for home playing, cookouts, etc. but not a stage performer.I haven't had the opportunity to try various strings/gauges but a certain string and gauge can really bring a guitar alive and you never know what it will be. I think 80/20 mediums for this guitar would be ideal, definitely not light or heavy.

I have no idea what they retail for. I got it and the hard shell case for $100 USD

Archived