i need a guitar strap

doc7string

• Members

I know this seems silly, but I have been playing electric guitar for 32 years and I know what strap I like (a cheapo seat belt material and I like it short as I hold my guitar fairly high for best left hand positioning). Well in all those years I have never had a good acoustic so I just bought a Taylor 816ce (love it). I'm not sure where to start looking for a strap for an acoustic. Are there things I should know in regards to the acoustic vs electric in choosing a strap, or is this just the stupidest post ever made and I should just pick out a darn strap I like and leave everyone alone. I would like something nicer than a seatbelt for this pretty guitar so if nothing else some recommendations on quality leather strap companies would be appreciated.

Thx,

Paul

• Members

I've got two of the padded suede Levy straps that I like a lot. They're about 2 1/2" wide and cost about $40 at most mom & pop shops. Never priced them at Guitar Center......maybe cheaper.....don't know.

I'd like to get a really nice hand-tooled leather strap, but those things are pretty pricey IMO. More than I wanna spend.

• Members

7 string eh..? What do you do, drop it down to C for a real low growl?, or do you just hate bass players.

I wanted a Larrivee strap but couldnt find one, emailed jason at Notable guitars a few times but no response.

Umm dont know the does and donts for sure, but make sure it wont damage the finish if you leave it on in your case, sorry obvious point, just thought Id say.

• Members

Thanks for all the thoughts. Until now I never realized there were so many choices. I will be looking at all these suggestions. Hard to spend $150 on a strap but hey I guess you get what you pay for. I saw one at eye land that was leather with a snake skin insert I thought very cool. Of course there are a lot of great ideas out there, question is do you want to plunk that much cash on something that neither makes you play better nor sound better. Right now I'm thinking YES! To answer your question Andy, no, I like bass players, they just need to have at least 5 strings:lol: thanks again guys!

• Members

If you're not afraid of ebay, check these out. I have bought a couple. For around ~$20.00, I think they are great. Much better than I thought when I ordered the first one. I was rather surprised. It's the best deal I've found personally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brown-Leather-Backed-Guitar-Strap-/380283985367?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item588ab11dd7

• Members

If you're not afraid of ebay, check these out. I have bought a couple. For around ~$20.00, I think they are great. Much better than I thought when I ordered the first one. I was rather surprised. It's the best deal I've found personally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brown-Leather-Backed-Guitar-Strap-/380283985367?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item588ab11dd7

Sweet!...just ordered a couple as Xmas gifts. :thu:

Archived