X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJB Prestige 330?

Thinking of installing one of these in my GS Mini... Does anyone have any experience with these? I know I'll need a preamp and have decided on the Behringer one that a few on here use.

It's actually quite a cheap set-up
    <div class="signaturecontainer">2011 Guild D-125<br />
    Gibsun J200 - Very appreciateive HCAG caper recepient. Thanks everyone!</div>

JJB have a big following here (though I've not used them myself). The Behringer is a great preamp for the money.
    Howard

Comment

I have a D15 in at the moment being fitted. The only possible issue appears to be the size of even the 15mm bugs needing sufficient soundboard size to permit wide enough spacing

Is a preamp essential? Certainly isn't with the K&K version, and that affects the math!

Will stick it through the AER when I get it back tomorrow and update.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Please give me talent and patience - lots and soon.<br />
      <b><br />
      HCAG Civil Posters Society</b> Charter Member 005. Ignoring yer man permanently.</div>

Comment

What about the add-on p/u that's made for the mini ? That would be my first choice.
        That said, the JJB is a good choice. I have it on two of my gits.

Mel
        <div class="signaturecontainer">AKA &quot;SuperChunk&quot;</div>

Comment

I use the K&K system. I believe the JJB is pretty much the same.

I love the K&Ks. I actually use the Pure + Pre-Phase in my guitars. I like the volume control (for tuning onstage with a clip on tuner) and the phase switch. It also has a preamp.

I use the regular K&K Pure Western, and I found it did not have a very high output. If you didn't utilize the mic preamp channels on the board, it didn't put out enough volume.

Anyway, they sound great. They do require a little EQ, though.

Comment

I have a JJB Prestige 330 in my Guild GAD25 and my Taylor DN3. I just purchased a 3rd for my Martin HD35, but haven't installed it yet. I have played out at open mics several times and had a preamp with me, but never used it. After plugging me in and doing a quick level check, the host of the open mic said I didn't need one.
            Bob.
            Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

I put one in my mandolin quite awhile ago and love it. Just recently put it in my Guild GAD JF-30, made it sound great too! Going to order one for my 12 string this week. Had to have my wife help me get the nut on the end pin jack; could not get my hand into the soundhole. I have using the PPS-200 and the Behringer preamp with no problems and great sound thru a Behringer acoustic amp.
              Bob
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss<br />
              -------------------------------<br />
              Guild GAD JF-30<br />
              Guild D212 12 Westerly,RI 1981<br />
              Lyle Hummingbird<br />
              Holloway Harp Guitar<br />
              Lyle ES335 <br />
              HCAG Civil Posters Society #10<br />
              My Music: <a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr</a></div>

Comment

Excellent combination, Jimmy.
                God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Thinking of installing one of these in my GS Mini... Does anyone have any experience with these? I know I'll need a preamp and have decided on the Behringer one that a few on here use.

It's actually quite a cheap set-up

Comment

I use the K&K system. I believe the JJB is pretty much the same.

I love the K&Ks. I actually use the Pure + Pre-Phase in my guitars. I like the volume control (for tuning onstage with a clip on tuner) and the phase switch. It also has a preamp.

I use the regular K&K Pure Western, and I found it did not have a very high output. If you didn't utilize the mic preamp channels on the board, it didn't put out enough volume.

Anyway, they sound great. They do require a little EQ, though.

Was this glued in, or did you use the tape? I regular K&K PW--not mini. correct?--should give you tons of gain, glued in.

Comment

I have a D15 in at the moment being fitted. The only possible issue appears to be the size of even the 15mm bugs needing sufficient soundboard size to permit wide enough spacing

Is a preamp essential? Certainly isn't with the K&K version, and that affects the math!

Will stick it through the AER when I get it back tomorrow and update.

K&K PWM is smaller than 15mm. about 12mm. I make transducers from 12mm piezo discs, and they are a bitch to solder.

Comment

I put one in my mandolin quite awhile ago and love it. Just recently put it in my Guild GAD JF-30, made it sound great too! Going to order one for my 12 string this week. Had to have my wife help me get the nut on the end pin jack; could not get my hand into the soundhole. I have using the PPS-200 and the Behringer preamp with no problems and great sound thru a Behringer acoustic amp.
                        Bob

One trick is to use something long, like a shishkabob skewer. Stick it in through the endpin hole, slide the endpin jack on the end of the skewer, then pull it back towards the endpin hole. With a little care, you can pull the endpin jack out far enough to grab it with your fingernails.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">- <font face="Comic Sans MS">Rob</font><br />
                        <font size="1"><br />
                        <a href="http://www.youtube.com/guituber" target="_blank">YouTube (GuiTuber)</a><br />
                        <br />
                        Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance &amp; Yamaha Player's Guild<br />
                        <br />
                        <u>My modest collection:</u><br />
                        Hohner HGK-512 (no strings; lifted bridge)<br />
                        Yamaha FG720S-12, w/ p'ups<br />
                        Alvarez AJ60S, w/ p'ups<br />
                        <br />
                        Pickups: <a href="http://www.jjb-electronics.com/Presitge.html" target="_blank">JBB-Electronics Prestige 330 (SBT)</a> - <i>finest quality at half the price</i><br />
                        <br />
                        <u>From the dark side:</u><br />
                        Epiphone DOT (on loan from my good friend <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/member.php?173190-TESmith" target="_blank">TESmith</a>)<br />
                        <br />
                        <u>Recording gear:</u><br />
                        <a href="http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces/saffire_6_usb" target="_blank">Focusrite Saffire 6</a><br />
                        <a href="http://www.mxlmics.com/products/900_series/990-991/990-991.html" target="_blank">MXL 990 and 991 condensor mics</a><br />
                        </font></div>

Comment

I use a long alignment punch to help slide the jack into the hole.

Mel
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">AKA &quot;SuperChunk&quot;</div>

Comment

That is fine and dandy but they send you one that has a washer and a nut that attaches from the inside. So you have to reach inside and twist it on,
                            Bob
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss<br />
                            -------------------------------<br />
                            Guild GAD JF-30<br />
                            Guild D212 12 Westerly,RI 1981<br />
                            Lyle Hummingbird<br />
                            Holloway Harp Guitar<br />
                            Lyle ES335 <br />
                            HCAG Civil Posters Society #10<br />
                            My Music: <a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr</a></div>

Comment

That is fine and dandy but they send you one that has a washer and a nut that attaches from the inside. So you have to reach inside and twist it on,
                              Bob

Bob, yer going about it wrong. You use the inner nut and washer to set the depth of the jack. Once that's set pull the thing back out of the soundhole and spin on the backshell and tighten it up. Then stick 'er back through the hole, slide on the outer washer and cinch the thing down with the outer nut. Then thread on the ferrule.
                              It'll take a few in and out checks for depth if you are real particular about how flush the ferrule to jack fit is. Use a nail or small screw driver in the cross hole to hold the jack body while you're snugging up the outer nut.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Still Kickin' cancer's ass....<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bwsvw.org">Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam War</a><br><br>HCGB Trooper #246<br><br>Psalm 19 Society<br><br><div class="bbcode_quote"><br><div class="quote_container"><br><div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div><br><br>I can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.<br><br></div><br></div><br></div>Thanks Offy

Comment

• Working...
                                X