I Thought I Was GAS Free......But

fastblueheeler

• Members

Really I was. Quit looking at CL daily, haven't searched ebay except for old Volvo parts in months. Only buying strings as needed. I was very happy with my little collection of acoustic guitars. I thought I was cured until...............

Some joker in the Jam group I play in three times a week thought it would be fun to have an electric night. So we did and it was a blast but it brought back my GAS for the dark side. Searching Telecasters, pedals, amps almost hourly. The recent posts from TAH and J. Chaos haven't helped either. I really want a 50's Esquire reissue or maybe a PRS SE semi-hollow or maybe both. A small tube amp would be great and I need a decent gig bag. I'm screwed. :cry:

• Members

Funny, that's exactly the guitar I was thinking about. I've heard good things about it and it's affordable.

I managed to find mine used for $100 less then the new price w/gigbag. It was only a few weeks old when the previous owner brought into the used guitar shop to sell or trade. It's in mint condition. I tried it out and immediately put money down on it for layaway. Nice slim neck and fast maple fretboard. Pretty good pickups but I probably will swap the volume & tone control pots out for better ones since I am fussy about those. Other than that it's a sweet work-horse of a guitar. I'd highly suggest you try one. They even make a sunburst "custom" model with a rosewood fretboard if that is more to your taste.

• Members

Get an Egnator Tweaker for the amp. When it comes to small affordable tube amps, it's basically got you covered.

As for a guitar. You might want to go with an archtop if you're an acoustic guy at heart. That way you can play it acoustically and get a little something out of it.

Archived