sound hole pickup for 3/4 size guitar?

Birdmove

• Members

I have an inexpensive 3/4 size acoustic guitar and would like to install a sound hole pickup in it. I ordered a Seymour Duncan unit, and there is no way it's going to fit in that sound hole. Returned it and don't want to make the same mistake again. I want to be able to play it through an acoustic amp I have.The sound hole is about 3 5/16" in diameter.

Thanks, Jon

• Members

Thanks for the tip on the Lawrence FT145. If that's a full sized sound hole in the photo, it looks like it should fit a smaller one. Mine is about 3 5/16". I thought of grinding or cutting down the Woody pickup, but then I mentioned that to the guy at Musicians Friend, and he said that might not be best as the pickup was designed for a certain string spacing. I don't want to drop too much money on this rig, as it's only a $90 guitar. I wanted one I could use trrough my acoustic amp should I get up the guts to play in front of people again.

jon

• Members

Thanks for the tip on the Lawrence FT145. If that's a full sized sound hole in the photo, it looks like it should fit a smaller one. Mine is about 3 5/16". I thought of grinding or cutting down the Woody pickup, but then I mentioned that to the guy at Musicians Friend, and he said that might not be best as the pickup was designed for a certain string spacing. I don't want to drop too much money on this rig, as it's only a $90 guitar. I wanted one I could use trrough my acoustic amp should I get up the guts to play in front of people again.

jon

Think you'll like the FT-145...I used them in Guild jumbos, a couple Gibsons and a Gianninni Craviola, which has a oddly-shaped sound-hole, as shown:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Worked equally well in each.

Archived