Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

OT: Today is the Winter Solstice...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Today is the Winter Solstice...

a Holy Day for those who follow the Old Faiths.

Here's some appropriate tunes...hope you enjoy them.

(Good music for The Dance)

(Good music for The Invocation)
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Welcome to the re-born Sun!
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

Comment

Welcome to the re-born Sun!

Blessed be we all!

Comment

Happy Yule to all.
        Howard

Comment

oooops! tomorrow, the 22nd, is the date of the solstice... my wife and I were just discussing this as I was born on the solstice 54 years ago... I celebrate my birthday according to the solstice regardless of what the silly paper with numbers on it says... I figure the universe is more correct than man at keeping real time anyhow...

poast something...

Comment

oooops! tomorrow, the 22nd, is the date of the solstice... my wife and I were just discussing this as I was born on the solstice 54 years ago... I celebrate my birthday according to the solstice regardless of what the silly paper with numbers on it says... I figure the universe is more correct than man at keeping real time anyhow...

Depends a lot on where on Earth you physically are.

Comment

I try to keep one foot in each world, my friend...

poast something...

Comment

it's that time again

Comment

I try to keep one foot in each world, my friend...

Always a wise plan.

Comment

Thank you, Terry.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Jack<br><br><br><br>196 9 Martin D12-20 12-string<br><br>1984 Martin HD-28</div>

Comment

Yes, the Solstice happens at 9:30PM here on the west coast!
                      Bob
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss<br />
                      -------------------------------<br />
                      Guild GAD JF-30<br />
                      Guild D212 12 Westerly,RI 1981<br />
                      Lyle Hummingbird<br />
                      Holloway Harp Guitar<br />
                      Lyle ES335 <br />
                      HCAG Civil Posters Society #10<br />
                      My Music: <a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/bobstarr</a></div>

Comment

Depends a lot on where on Earth you physically are.

Actually, it doesn't. Where the earth is in it's rotation is irrelevant. It's where the earth is in it's orbit around the sun that matters. The solstice happens at the same time the world over. Here in New York it's happening at 12:30AM on Dec 22nd. Where you are in Texas it will be happening at 10:30PM on the 21st.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Tom</div>

Comment

Actually, it doesn't. Where the earth is in it's rotation is irrelevant. It's where the earth is in it's orbit around the sun that matters. The solstice happens at the same time the world over. Here in New York it's happening at 12:30AM on Dec 22nd. Where you are in Texas it will be happening at 10:30PM on the 21st.

You should move to Texas, then...why live in the past?

Comment

"In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history..."

Happy Hump Day.

Comment

You should move to Texas, then...why live in the past?

Oh...yeah...they'd love me in Texas!
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Tom</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X