• Show
Clear All

• clip onto headstock tuners

any experience with these?

Yes.

Comment

I'm on my fourth one. They're great.

Comment

I bought a cheap one. You can't tune the guitar up from slack strings with it. It doesn't seem to pick up the B-C-C# before the low E etc, but for stage tuning when you're a little sharp or flat, it's great.
        Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

I'm on my fourth one. They're great.

4th one? how great can they be?

Comment

They have one biiig disadvantage: They are way too handy.
            I bought 3 - well knowing that I will lose/forget/misplace them.
            But they are great, no fuss. They allow you to tune even onstage and even in noisy environments. I prefer them over the tuners built into modern day preamps.

Comment

Excellent devices.
              Howard

Comment

They are handy but fragile. I tend to use it and then put it back in my pocket when I am done simply because I have seen too many of them get knocked of the headstock and broken. I have yet to lose mine. I have accidentally left it on and killed the battery... I also have two other tuners as well. A Behringer TU100 Chromatic Tuner which is basically a clone of the Boss TU-3 floor pedal style tuner and a cheap generic mini LED screen tuner that has a built in mic and input for electric guitar. I find it's the most accurate of all and I think it cost $8. You can never have too many tuners I guess...
                Guitars = Chick Magnet
                Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
                You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
                Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

Some good, some convenient, some not so good, some not so convenient. Snark, Intelli-500(or it's counterparts) Good, convenient. Peterson Stroboclip, great if you like extreme tuning and know how to work around a strobe-like interface, but pricey at 55-65 bucks. Snark is cheap though, and last long and work well.
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOddmanout1

Comment

Another vote for the Snark. So much more convenient.
                    - Rob

YouTube (GuiTuber)
                    Proud Member of the Alvarez Alliance & Yamaha Player's Guild

Comment

I have one in every case.

Mel
                      AKA "SuperChunk"

Comment

Snark tuners are great and cheap - you can pick them up for $9 - $12 shipped.

They work on acoustic and electric with no problem.

Comment

Handy, but you will grow dependent on them, and become unable to tune without them. Tune the old fashioned way occasionally.
                          __________________________________________________ _________
                          Wondering where all the voices of dissent went?...
                          http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ty-voice/rants
                          When this place craters check this out...
                          http://village.melodyvine.com/forum/

Comment

The diamond shaped one is not real accurate (Intelli 500, also found with other names)
                            The triangle shaped one is pretty good (Pitch Pocket)
                            I really like the oblong one but it's kind of pricey (Peterson)
                            I tried the round one belonging to a friend and it's pretty good too (Snark)
                            "I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile"

Comment

Love my snark!!!! It's not nearly as accurate as my Peterson VS-2, but for busking, it's way more convenient. Nice around the house too. I don't have to turn the TV down to retune.
                              This here is my music what I make with my mouth and instruments and such

Comment

Working...
                              X