Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good quality Single Malt Scotch does the trick for me, though, and I've come to have an open mind about them, they're all different, some very different. Compare something like Laphroaig to Talisker for example. Two completely different worlds, and I like them both.

Caol Ila has come to be my favorite. Greenish in color when it's in the glass. Add a drop or two of water..Somewhat smokey, peaty, and all that other stuff going on. i love it.

another one I really like is Oban. no peat and smoke, just a lot of flavor.

Second the Caol Ila. At a Scotch tasting a few weeks ago, sampled 6, Caol Ila was the most dentist's office, horrible stuff of the bunch.. and then it wasn't. It was clearly the best. Talisker was my second, my wife favored the Jura Superstition. Cool bottle, but tasted to me like good bourbon. I want smoke, peat, licorice, vapo-rub.... character!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOddmanout1

Comment

Ok, so I tried a double gold medal winning Bourbon called Noah's Mill. I like it.
      I.K.F.C.- O.T.A.- W.T.F.?.C.- E.S.C.
      Member of the T. D. & H. faculty

CMWANLW

Comment

And I tried Bulleit rye. Just about as good as Templeton rye. Unfortunately, almost as pricey. But easier to find.
        In the understory
        I can't see the forest
        For the branches and the leaves
        But I believe
        I do believe
        by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
        Charlie Parker

Comment

I gotta have that peat/smoke/weird-focks-with-yer-tastebuds-and-nose flavor. Scotch, and it's Caol Ila. 12yr. Usually I'm smitten by older, but the 12 is a WOW.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOddmanout1

Comment

Dewar's White Label did me in on Scotch 40 years ago....never got over spending 2 days throwing up at age 16. Dad was empathetic, but Mom laughed her butt off and gave me crap about it for years. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but now that she's in an Alzheimer's unit....I'd give almost anything to have her make fun of me again. Hell, I'd even get sick drinking that snake piss, Scotch, to do that.

There's one Rye Whiskey I'd like to try: apparently, at Mt. Vernon, a team has recreated Rye from George Washington's personal recipe, and it's supposed to be really, really good.

Meantime, I'm a rum drinker first. Old Rum, from fresh-pressed cane juice, not sugar, not molasses. Aged 15-40 years in old Bourbon barrels scraped down and re-flamed. Nothing like it!

Comment

Zombie thread, but what the hell.

I just opened a bottle of Laphroaig, the cheap ten-year old stuff. Plenty of that "peat/smoke/weird-focks-with-yer-tastebuds-and-nose flavor." I have been a highland or speyside drinker, but I think I've been converted.
              Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society, Martin snob, vitriolic sociopath, and tantrumist

Comment

I'm having some Old Pulteney and Edradour right now. Should be zombified soon.
                "Consider everything, believe nothing" Elgar.

Comment

Good ole Wild Turkey for me or HQ tequila.Nothing fancy but easy to find/reasonable price.

Comment

bourbon fans, do yerself a favor and try Elijah Craig

Comment

bourbon fans, do yerself a favor and try Elijah Craig

There are a dozen Bourbons I'd rather drink but yes, EC is very good whiskey for the money.

Comment

Depends on what I'm wearing:

Leather jeans, cashmere sweater + high heeled boots = Turkey rocks, water back

Little black dress, 5" spike heels = Manhattan (made with Dewars - it's traditional)

Long black dress = Rob Roy (dry version, mind you)

Short silver sequin dress or anything beaded = vodka gimlet (Russo-Baltique, if you please)

Jeans, flannel shirt, 5x-beaver ****************kicker hat + big belt buckle (sterling silver, natch) = boilermaker

Morning after, wearing nothing at all = mimosa (made with Dom, of course, but I'll settle for Moet if I like you enough). Don't forget the Eggs Sardou for breakfast.

Comment

Little black dress, 5" spike heels = Manhattan (made with Dewars - it's traditional)

Short silver sequin dress or anything beaded = vodka gimlet (Russo-Baltique, if you please)

Jeans, flannel shirt, 5x-beaver ****************kicker hat + big belt buckle (sterling silver, natch) = boilermaker

Morning after, wearing nothing at all = mimosa (made with Dom, of course, but I'll settle for Moet if I like you enough). Don't forget the Eggs Sardou for breakfast.

eeeeeeeeeyowwwwwwwww I'll 'ave the lot
                          In the understory
                          I can't see the forest
                          For the branches and the leaves
                          But I believe
                          I do believe
                          by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
                          Charlie Parker

Comment

This post is worthless without pics!

Comment

Hello, I am KuJoZilla, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Merry Melodies

Comment

Lagavulin. 16y. New fave. Wont be for long though, it's expensive.
                                I.K.F.C.- O.T.A.- W.T.F.?.C.- E.S.C.
                                Member of the T. D. & H. faculty

CMWANLW

Comment

Working...
                                X