Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another whisky thread

Balvenie Single Barrel Single Malt Scotch Whisky

anyone tried this? I have to say I have trouble finishing even a short glass. The stuff is loaded with flavor.

..copy-paste..
    Sep 16, 2011 - Balvenie 15 Year Single Barrel Malt Scotch Whisky 750ml - The Balvenie Single Barrel Single Malt Scotch Whisky is a 15 year old single malt which is drawn from a single bourbon cask of a single distillation. Each cask forms a limited edition of hand-numbered bottles - there will be a maximum of 350 bottles from any one cask - so each bottle is unique and unrepeatable. Each cask is subtly different, however, The Balvenie Malt Master selects for bottling only those casks that have the essential characteristics of The Balvenie Single Barrel - particularly honey, vanilla and oak notes.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="blue">I</font><font color="limegreen"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="deeppink">K</font><font color="orangered"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="limegreen">F</font><font color="blue"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="orangered">C</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font>- <font color="teal">O</font><font color="limegreen"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="coral">T</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="blue">A</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font>- <font color="orange">W</font><font color="blue"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="orangered">T</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="teal">F</font><font color="limegreen"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="deeppink">?</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="teal">C</font><font color="blue"><font size="4">.</font></font>- <font color="limegreen">E</font><font color="blue"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="chocolate">S</font><font color="crimson"><font size="4">.</font></font><font color="blue">C</font><font color="limegreen"><font size="4">.</font></font></font><br />
    <font size="1">Member of the T. D. &amp; H. faculty</font><br />
    <br />
    CMWANLW</div>

The Single is a harsh toke compared to the sweeter Doublewood 12 yo. It starts with Iodine, then goes through salty coffee and ends with notes of black licorice. Yummm... Alas, I have not a drop of the stuff in the house atm. Only a lonely bottle of Ninkasi in the fridge. And so I am faced with a dilemma: Go for a quick ride and come back to beer, or just start drinking now and run out early...

Comment

I prefer the Balvenie double wood, too.
      More balanced.
      But then my favourite is the Highland Park and the Edradour...
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Martin: D40, D35, Backpacker<br>Mr.Binh:&quot;SKT&quot; spruce/maple dread, spruce/rosewood mod. OM-45, all koa jumbo, mod. 814ce and 814ceN<br>Tanglewood:TW-145/12 SC<br>Sigma: DRC-28E<br>Ovation:Elite TX Baritone, CC24-FKOA<br>Gretsch:G3713<br>Guild:GAD-25<br>Washburn: D46SP<br>Fender:CD140/12<br>Yamaha:FG730S-NT - <font color="Red">for sale!</font> FJX730SC<br>12-String Ovation Copy, M.Rodriguez C10, Tenayo Silent Guitar</font><br><br>-HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #006.<br>-Too many guitars, too little talent Club Member #002<br>-Founder of HCAG GAS Anonymus</div>

Comment

Ahhh, good old American Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey here.

Comment

Ahhh, good old American Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey here.

Comment

Bushmills or Tewlamore Dew
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="SeaGreen"><font size="2">GOOD DEALS WITH</font></font>:<br />
            <font color="Red"><font size="1">Schismed,Satchmo,alexmack,goodhonk,slappy mcfinkles ,<br />
            Chairborne,kingsransom,megagoo,teletaylor(x2),<br />
            boonestunes,harry65,wwjd388,pachucocadaver,<br />
            Veangeance,orwellguitar,Dixie10-8,Crxshdxmmy,<br />
            soholounge,teleman,landbriancoe,suntired,<br />
            HighFiveYeah,Yavin,TIMLIKESCHEESE</font></font></div>

Comment

Bushmills or Tewlamore Dew

Me too, Jameson's in a pinch.

Comment

I am a bourbon man. If I've got a few ducketts, my fave is Woodford Reserve. I'm not a Makers Mark guy. Can't put it into words, just don't dig it. Jefferson is almost as good as Woodford's. I can afford Old Crow on a daily basis. U.S. Grant drank it, though I have no idea what today's $19 plastic 1.75L jug is in relation to Grant's whiskey. I'll just call it functional!

Scotch: not a big fan. Balvenie, I guess.
                Irish: Tullamore Dew or Jameson (I'm not religious either way)
                Canadian: No seriously...
                Rye: Jack Beam (don't you mean Jim beam? Son, when you've known him as long as me, he's goes as jack)
                Jack Daniels: Zager. Seriously. Even in teh green label. Zager at best! That ****************'s rotgut.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/thezombiemikeemcgee/videos" target="_blank">This here is my music what I make with my mouth and instruments and such</a></div>

Comment

Templeton Rye. Made right here in Iowa. It's the dog's bollocks. >clink< sip...aaaaaaahhhh
                  In the understory
                  I can't see the forest
                  For the branches and the leaves
                  But I believe
                  I do believe
                  by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
                  Charlie Parker

Comment

I've not tried much scotch. That which I've tried, I don't understand. I like American Rye; although admitedly I've only tried a few. I have Jim Beam right now, which is my go-to whiskey, although I don't drink whiskey regularly. But if I do drink liquor, it's usually Rye or Bourbon.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Taylor 110, Martin D12X1, Simon &amp; Patrick Parlor, Washburn D10CBL, Yamaha F-335 BL, Yamaha G-100A, Hilo Soprano Ukulele, single string stick-in-a-can upright bass, Washburn &quot;Billy&quot; electric, Jaw Harp</div>

Comment

What is to understand about Scotch? I smell it, I turn green. I drink it, I throw up with one sip. Simple.

I can stand Irish in coffee, but the single malts are too much like scotch. Rye and Canadian are only a little better. The only whiskey I actually like is Bourbon, and then pretty much Maker's Mark and Knob Creek only.

I prefer Vodka, Gin, Brandy and Cognac. But I love good Tequila, Armagnac, and Rum, especially rum from Martinique, best.

Comment

But I love good Tequila, Armagnac, and Rum, especially rum from Martinique, best.

Tequila makes me crazy. (I just learned this song)

<div class="signaturecontainer">Taylor 110, Martin D12X1, Simon &amp; Patrick Parlor, Washburn D10CBL, Yamaha F-335 BL, Yamaha G-100A, Hilo Soprano Ukulele, single string stick-in-a-can upright bass, Washburn &quot;Billy&quot; electric, Jaw Harp</div>

Comment

Lets not forget that William Faulkner drank Old Crow. Anyone know who he was? I get a hint of Vanilla in Old Crow and it dont hold up in the long run for me. Evan Williams is the best I have found for the price and I drink it neat. I dont know the litre measurement but I get a big plastic bottle for 14.88 at WM liquor store. For me Kentucky Straight bourbon is far superior to anything similar to Tennessee bourbon.

Comment

Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare for me. Old Charter 10-year-old is a decent bargain.

Comment

New fella here. I like bourbon best, then scotch. used to drink some
                              Rye but haven't in a while.
                              Bourbons I like .....Evan Williams 1782 small batch, Jim Beam Black, Makers Mark, Eagle rare, and a few others but for the really special occasions I like Pappy Van Winkle. I can only afford the 12 year old, the 18 is just to much for my pocket book, but it sure is good when somebody else pours me a sniff of theirs.

Scotch I like the Balvinie Doublewood, I like the Glen Morangie Sherry cask. I like a lot of them, just have developed more of a pallet for bourbon in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                              X