Zoom Q3 Handy Video Recorder - $89.00

Hudman

• Members

My pedal steel player had one of the Zoom video cameras, and had to return it. Not sure if it was defective, or subject to user error, or shoddy product, but he couldn't get audio and video to sync and had a bunch of other problems.

The camera gets decent reviews and the You Tube videos look good and sound great.

It's a stereo recorder for $89.00. It's made by Zoom - they make great recorders. Music123 has a good return policy. No risk as far as I am concerned.

• Members

I have a Flip camera that makes decent, non HD videos but the sound quality sucks. It's also beat up from the kids using it.

I started a blog for beginner and intermediate players a few days ago. I view my blog as a "tour guide" to get people started - not a lesson based blog so much as an advice, product recommendation / buying guide, product review blog. I plan to recommend and review lesson sites, post great deals, give some playing tips and answer questions via email. My goal is to make it interactive.

I opened a You Tube account in the same name as the blog with the plan to add videos to future blog posts. I thought this camera could be a cheap, low tech way to get video with decent sound quality. I should get it Monday. I have a week off work to test it out.

• Members

I just read a bag full of reviews/testimonials from various places trying to glean the savvy from the stupid and I gotta say that the negatives are still too much on the Dark Side for my interest. It's not a case of money. The Q3 just isn't technically on-speed yet. Just the lengthy upload time puts me off. Plus, it seems this is a battery munching unit that requires really good lighting to get just so-so video quality and, by all accounts, the application that comes with it is bugged and useless. Also, the 3-position mic setting switch is problematic. Low is too low, high clips and auto will normalize the loudest frequency and filter out the rest. That last bit was from a studio engineer who thinks the switch needs to be replaced with a thumbwheel rheostat type volume control.

Sounds like a wanna-be at the moment and I'm tired of buying bargain frustration.

• Members
I have a Flip camera that makes decent, non HD videos but the sound quality sucks. It's also beat up from the kids using it.

I started a blog for beginner and intermediate players a few days ago. I view my blog as a "tour guide" to get people started - not a lesson based blog so much as an advice, product recommendation / buying guide, product review blog. I plan to recommend and review lesson sites, post great deals, give some playing tips and answer questions via email. My goal is to make it interactive.

I opened a You Tube account in the same name as the blog with the plan to add videos to future blog posts. I thought this camera could be a cheap, low tech way to get video with decent sound quality. I should get it Monday. I have a week off work to test it out.

Directions to blog please.

• Members

I've had an excellent experience with my ZOOM Q3 - it's easy to use, has large built in mikes, easy to upload to YouTUbe.

At the price it's a bargain.

Here are some samples from my YouTube Channel recorded with the Q3, both in live performance and in my basement.

See/Hear for yourself.

Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Archived