New Acoustic Guitar Recommendations?

krish

• Members

Hey Guys, Merry Christmas to one and all!

First post on this forum (I'm mainly over on EG + FX) but I've been lurking around for a little while!

Since all the Christmas moniez have come on plus with what I've been saving, I'm after a solid electro-acoustic that (if possible) sounds great plugged in as well as miced up for live/studio use. I don't want anything bigger than a standard dreadnaught sized body if it can be helped as I want it to be something easy to pick up on the fly and comfortable to sit or stand with (I used to own a jumbo sized guitar that just got annoying in that respect).

My Budget is no more than around

• Members

The new Martin GP-series guitars are some really hot stuff.

For the first time you can have a really modern neck profile on a Martin workhorse.

Taylors - I don't dig them, I pass.

The Yammie ain't too shabby but is no match for a performer Martin.

Yoh might also look into the Tanglewood Sanden Model. I LIKED it, but not enough to pass a Martin for it.

• Members

Thanks for the input! The big thing holding me back from the Martin is the large lower bout that may make it feel a bit uncomfortable like my last acoustic. Also the preamp lacks any anti feedback technology which could be a big thing when it comes to stage use. I'll definitely give it a try though! I'll have a closer look into the Tanglewood stuff too.

• Members

Anti Feedback?

The only anti-feedback technology that works is a soundhole plug.

The electronic ones just flip phase and that will only work, when and if you don't move at all.

My multieffect sez it has an auto ant-feedback notch, but that is too slow and colors the sound too much.

• Members

Anti Feedback?

The only anti-feedback technology that works is a soundhole plug.

The electronic ones just flip phase and that will only work, when and if you don't move at all.

My multieffect sez it has an auto ant-feedback notch, but that is too slow and colors the sound too much.

Yeah perhaps it's all a bit of a gimmick at this stage. I'll have to do some research into it to see if it's actually worth it. I'd never sacrifice getting a quality instrument for anti-feedback capability in any case.

Archived