Fender CN-240 SCE Nylon Acoustic/Electric Thinline. Your thoughts on this guitar?

epi56ebony

• Members

Looks tasty, but I have no knowledge of this guitar. But: I have really enjoyed my Martin 00XCAE's thinline body for playing standing up--it's my gigging guitar now. Also it has a Fishman UST/preamp, and I like it way better than the electronics in my F-series Tak.

I am very interested in getting a nylon with a PU in it. I've been playing a cheap nylon at home quite a bit recently and I'm really liking it for FS playing. I'd love to have something nylon that I could use on stage.

If you really liked it--and got to play it amplified--I'd say go for it. The price is right.

• Members

They do look the same! I wonder if the Ibanez is all wood or if just the top is wood. The Fender only has a solid wood top.

The Ibanez site says:

BackSides: Mahogany Back and Sides

Top: Spruce Top

Laminated back and sides but still definitely wood. However, if you were referring to solid wood, then no, the Ibanez is not all solid; it's all laminated.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

What Giants?

I know it's just a name but, Giants? What kind of name is that? Large Ones? If I was tasked with coming up with a name for a sports team Giants would not make my list. Sometimes people-logic eludes me.

• Members
What Giants?

I know it's just a name but, Giants? What kind of name is that? Large Ones? If I was tasked with coming up with a name for a sports team Giants would not make my list. Sometimes people-logic eludes me.

we're BIG, we're HUGE we're SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS! Hummmmmmmmmmm Baby

2010, 2012, 2014

Archived