Happy Cake

min7b5

• Members

Dayum, that was gorgeous! Killer groove, and I never knew where it was going. I started to bust out in "guitar face" just listening to it. :thu:

Just went on Amazon and ordered Slow Moving Dog. Noticed it's on iTunes as well, but I'm a cranky old man who prefers to have CDs.

• Members

Damn....I liked that A LOT! Knockwood nailed it...I never knew where it was going either, but everywhere it went sounded new and compelling! Very 'bitey/edgy' sound from the guitar and awesome wonky wobbly notes/bends (you can probably see I've been studying up on technical guitar terms..:facepalm: )

Bravo!

• Members

Eric, I shared some of the trio videos over at Mandolin Cafe, where the three of y'all have SERIOUS fans, and was asked:

- what mics?

- what mixer, what amp, what speakers?

- recording post mixer?

- recording what came out of the speakers?

- post recording mixing?

- pre recording mixing?

- regarding the previous two questions: what, how and how much?

Told them I'd ask ya. :)

• Members

Damn Eric - that was cool.

Very funky - yellow shoes funky.

For the record, I have your trio CD - but I prefer your solo stuff. You are like Prince - you don't need the Revolution. ;)

Try flipping that Snark on the other side of the headstock - it doesn't stick out as bad and it's actually easier to see IMO. The Snark people should be paying you.

• Members

Thank you for all the nice comments :)

For the record, I have your trio CD - but I prefer your solo stuff. You are like Prince - you don't need the Revolution.
;)

I'm still some trio gigs around town, with drums instead of mando, but I have a renewed focus on solo guitar for the next few years. In june I have my first solo guitar record in six years coming out. It's going to be called A Different Kind Of Blue. I've arranged the whole Kind Of Blue record for solo guitar. So I'm looking forward to that.

Thanks again:)

• Members

Thank you for all the nice comments
:)

I'm still some trio gigs around town, with drums instead of mando, but I have a renewed focus on solo guitar for the next few years. In june I have my first solo guitar record in six years coming out. It's going to be called A Different Kind Of Blue. I've arranged the whole Kind Of Blue record for solo guitar. So I'm looking forward to that.

Thanks again:)

I'm looking forward to it.

Keep us posted.

• Members

Eric, I shared some of the trio videos over at Mandolin Cafe, where the three of y'all have SERIOUS fans, and was asked:

- what mics?

- what mixer, what amp, what speakers?

- recording post mixer?

- recording what came out of the speakers?

- post recording mixing?

- pre recording mixing?

- regarding the previous two questions: what, how and how much?

Told them I'd ask ya.
:)

Hi Terry

I assume you referring to the outdoor string trio clips? We had a live sound person on that one. We used Nuemann KM 184's on the guitar and mandolin. The bass had a dynamic mic, which I can't remember, something I'd never heard of. We had no amps or monitors with us on stage. Someone shot the video with a Rode NT4 stereo mc n the audience. The Old Church string trio clips were similar, except I used an AKG 214 on the guitar. In both cases there was no mixing or post- production audio tweaks. This one

is the only live clip were I got someone to mix it after. Mainly because of the drums....

• Members

Hi Terry

I assume you referring to the outdoor string trio clips? We had a live sound person on that one. We used Nuemann KM 184's on the guitar and mandolin. The bass had a dynamic mic, which I can't remember, something I'd never heard of. We had no amps or monitors with us on stage. Someone shot the video with a Rode NT4 stereo mc n the audience. The Old Church string trio clips were similar, except I used an AKG 214 on the guitar. In both cases there was no mixing or post- production audio tweaks. This one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQjYDNHvB4g&sns=em
is the only live clip were I got someone to mix it after. Mainly because of the drums....

OK, thanks...will pass info along. :thu:

BTW, when're you guys gonna hit the Lone Star State?

Archived