Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Martin OM-28 Marquis

Yes, another Martin. I couldn't help myself. And I may get a little gold man inlaid on the headstock...maybe...

And yes, it sounds as good as it looks. Here are the specs.
    Tom

Oh, my. That is quite nice and I bet it does sound as good as it looks. Love the back. Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day.
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Gorgeous Tom.

Oscar booty?

Comment

Congrats!

How does it compare to your OM-35? I've been thinking about possibly getting myself a OM-35 sunburst or ambertone
        ReviveMusicStore.com
        Authorized dealer of Yamaha, Voyage Air, LR Baggs and Fishman
        Contact me at info@revivemusicstore.com

Comment

Not another Martin, Tom!?!? Get a life, man - go get a Recording King - you'll love it, I promise.
          Howard

Comment

Gorgeous git, man. Congrats!

I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.I.K.F.C.E.S.C.Potato SocietySAWG

Comment

Gold man Inlayed? I 'd get em all inlayed, to match my new gold man tattoos....

Nice git.
              Eor sez: You're only going around once, man. Soon enough, your guitar will be placed in a case, too. put some dings on it first.

-STFU, unpucker your tight ass, and relax

-Tartan Who?

Comment

While you're at it, how about a little gold man belt buckle....hub caps...hood ornament.....earrings for Mrs. Tom......okay, okay, I'll stop there.

No wonder my keyboard doesn't work worth a hoot - it's drowning in drool. That git is absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats and Enjoy!!

Comment

Whoa.
                  The "artist" formerly known as RKO

Comment

Congrats!

How does it compare to your OM-35? I've been thinking about possibly getting myself a OM-35 sunburst or ambertone

The two are different. The OM-35, which is a 1935 Sunburst:

has a bit more growl and volume, and the OM-28 has a sweeter, bell-like quality which is really captivating. The low end on the OM-35 is thumpier, the OM-28 has a beautifully resonant deep low voice. The OM-28 also seems a bit more articulated. The notes are more defined which may be partially due to the wider string spacing at the bridge (it's 2-3/8" as opposed to 2-1/4" on the OM-35). The OM-35 is Sitka, the OM-28 has an Adirondack Spruce top which has a very tight grain pattern and some really nice subtle silking.
                    Tom

Comment

Could you will it to me?
                      "The Philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it."

Karl Marx

Comment

The two are different. The OM-35, which is a 1935 Sunburst... has a bit more growl and volume, and the OM-28 has a sweeter, bell-like quality which is really captivating. The low end on the OM-35 is thumpier, the OM-28 has a beautifully resonant deep low voice.

This sounds kinda surprising... I would have expected quite the opposite. But then I've only played D-35 and OM-28 Marquis, but I have no experience with OM-35 and had assumed it's simply a D-35 in a smaller-body. Per my experience, D-35 is quite rich sounding, with deep bass, very clear trebles. The 28 Marquis was loud, growly, articulate, all perhaps due to the adi top.

Gosh, I miss my old D-35 which I sold in a fundraising effort. It's a 1976 sunburst model. I loved everything about it except the dread size and the 1 11/16" neck width. So maybe there is an OM-35 sunburst or ambertone in my future (perhaps in the far future -- I just made a "grail" guitar acquisition this week).

How did you buy the OM-35? Custom order? From whom and how long was the wait?

My old D-35:

ReviveMusicStore.com
                        Authorized dealer of Yamaha, Voyage Air, LR Baggs and Fishman
                        Contact me at info@revivemusicstore.com

Comment

How did you buy the OM-35? Custom order? From whom and how long was the wait?

I ordered the OM-35 over the phone from Jon Garon at My Favorite Guitars, in Naples, FL. The price was surprisingly reasonable, and at one time Jon had some natural tops in stock. If not, or if you want a burst, it's a Custom Shop order. Mine is a 1935 Sunburst and it took about 3 months.
                          Tom

Comment

Sweet! Congrats.
                            Eric Skye
                            My brand spanking new website

Comment

Yep, that really doesn't look bad at all....!
                              "You shouldn't make me sound like I'm knocking you....for someone who doesn't know how to play guitar, you play really well..."
                              (Yeah my GF again...)

Comment

Working...
                              X