• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which way does the saddle go on a yamaha acoustic

Model is yamaha fg720s
    I am restringing and the saddle fell out
    My only internet right now is on a crappy blackberry
    I tried to pull up pics of this model and its not working so this is the only way I can get my question answered...

The saddle has a notch for either the b string or the a string. One edge of the saddle is higher than the other

Thanks in advance for the help!

Higher end on the bass side unless Yamahas are different that any other guitar I've seen.

Comment

And saddle notch on the b string ...
      "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Skinny flat side down.

Comment

Notch on the b string...that's what I needed...thank u. Other. 2 gius thanks for posting but...the saddle doesn't have a low or high side...it is symetrical...skinny flat side down doesn't make sense either...but I appreciat

Comment

If your saddle fell out during a string change, you'd probably benefit from a new saddle that properly fits.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2795042-Build-an-Uke-in-10-Days" target="_blank">Frog Rock Tenor Uke</a><br />
            <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2803237-A-Mutt-of-a-Guitar" target="_blank">Frog Rock 00-12</a><br />
            <i>The thing with Chinese guitars is that when I play one, half an hour later I want to play it again...</i> -- Knockwood<br />
            <i>If you know who wrote it, it ain't folk music.</i> -- DHone<br />
            <i>Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.</i> -- Richard Feynman<br />
            <i><b>De recta non tolerandum sunt.</b></i> -- Monty Python<br />
            </font></div>

Comment

Notch on the b string...that's what I needed...thank u. Other. 2 gius thanks for posting but...the saddle doesn't have a low or high side...it is symetrical...skinny flat side down doesn't make sense either...but I appreciat

Comment

Thanks guys. I put on a set of light daddarios. They are brass. They make a ton of noise when I play barre chords and move them around. I have until tues night, which is the night of the gig. What can I do to make these strings less noisy? Rub something onthem? Thank u

Comment

If your saddle fell out during a string change, you'd probably benefit from a new saddle that properly fits.

Yup it's already on my list of stuff to do....

Comment

Thanks guys. I put on a set of light daddarios. They are brass. They make a ton of noise when I play barre chords and move them around. I have until tues night, which is the night of the gig. What can I do to make these strings less noisy? Rub something onthem? Thank u

Play them...a lot.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="seagreen">Guitars = Chick Magnet<br />
                    Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet<br />
                    You do the math.</font></font><br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="1"><font color="blue">HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.</font></font><br />
                    <font size="1"><b>Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins</b></font></div>

Comment

Get coated strings. Exilir Polys are the quietest strings I've played so far. But they feel soapy. I prefer EXP's - still coated but not as bad as Elixirs.

Comment

Get coated strings. Exilir Polys are the quietest strings I've played so far. But they feel soapy. I prefer EXP's - still coated but not as bad as Elixirs.

Or Elixer Nanos (less coating than polys)
                        Bob.
                        Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

Skinny flat side down.

lol
                          Bob.
                          Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

The show is in 24 hrs. Buy new strings doesn't really help me for the show. How about rubbing a clean dark towel on the strings?

Comment

The show is in 24 hrs. Buy new strings doesn't really help me for the show. How about rubbing a clean dark towel on the strings?

Coated strings would, another vote for Elixir Nanos Phos/ Bronze.

Other than that rubbing them with the oil from your hands might help.
                              "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

• Working...
                                X