Maestro by Gibson Parlor Acoustic Guitar

epi56ebony

• Members

This is the second one I've bought. Both had sharp fret ends, but both play fairly well.

I bought the 2nd one today at Best Buy since they had it on sale for $50, I'm probably going to gift it to a friend's kid.

I think the one I bought is a refurbished one because it looks used. Has a few nicks and dings but I think when they were sent back they did a moderate set up because there's no buzzing at all. Guitar plays easy too.

I'm still looking on Craigslist for something better and as cheap and I have 30 days to return it but I don't hate it and kind of like it for what it is.

Lots of very mixed reviews on this guitar, probably more negative than positive. I think the refurbished ones (although they look used) are probably an improvement.

• Members

From the LA CraigsList:

Rogue dreadnaught $30

"Harmonia" dreadnaught $40

Fender concert size $40

I bought it at Best Buy because I would have the 30 Day return policy.

The guitar plays very nice, easy action and no buzzing. I played a D Barre Chord at the 10th fret absolutely no buzzing with medium strumming.

Some nicks here and there but this guitar was listed under "Factory Outlet"

I think a lot of the guitars were sent back to Gibson and they did some minimal refurbishing to at least make the guitars reasonably playable. Sent them back to BB to sell as refurbished.

The guitar still has sharp fret ends but is very playable now.

The girl I'm probably going to give it to will be thrilled I think.

• Members

Im not a fan of the Maestro brand -their ok starter guitars or kids guitar , but the few ive seen were really disapointing.

^ Nor am I. I think the Fender concert size I posted would be a much better choice for the money.

Archived