Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Wanna own a "pre-war"?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna own a "pre-war"?

Easy.

Buy yourself a great acoustic now, one that you really believe in, that has that extra special something which sets it apart from its' brethren.

Hate to say it but there's bound to be some seriously major conflict on a global scale, if not outright war, somewhere sometime in the not-too-distant future.

We are approaching the "30's" of this here century......
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>no pain no gain no volume</i> : &quot;D03nut&quot;<br />
    <br />
    CMWANLW (kwba)<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.musishen.com" target="_blank">www.musishen.com</a></div>

All my guitars are pre-war.
    Pick a war; any war.

Comment

Pre what war?
      War of the Roses?
      30-year War?
      100-year-War?
      Napoleonic War?
      War of Independence?
      Civil War?
      WW I?
      WW II?
      Korean War?
      Vietnam War?
      Six-Days-War?
      Sinai War?
      Iraq War (wich one of the three?)?
      Afghanistan War?

Comment

And it's 1,2,3 what are we fighting for?
        Don't ask me. I don't give a damn.
        Next stop is......
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        "If you play guitar, you are a friend."

"Ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

and it's 5-6-7
          open up the pearly gates
          ain't no time to wonder why
          whopee! we all gonna die!

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking if you bought it today you wouldn't have to wait long for it be "pre-war". I expect Istrael and Iran to be going at it hot and heavy within the next month or so. And, I fully expect the US AND Russia will get pulled into it.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Nope.
              Nobody will jump in for either Israel or Iran.
              Only idiots would get tangled into a war that can not be won by either side.
              I hope that Obama will have his Nobel Peace Medal in his office to remind him of that.
              And Putin - hopefully - still remembers what happened to the Russians in Afghanistan (which, indeed is the same that the US experience now).

Comment

I hope you're correct, katopp. I don't think we're gonna have to wait long to find out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Keep'em crossed.
                  But the USofA are -franky- not in the position to fight another war.
                  The forces required to hold grounds in Iraq, Afghanistan ... are stretching the budget too far. Another costly involvement is beyond the means of the USofA.
                  Fortunately, Russia is rotten in it's military core, too. It is on the rise again, but not yet ready for large-scale combat outside it's back yard.
                  China, India and Pakistan are actually higher on my list than Russia, but India and Pakistan are keptat each other'S throats and China... well, as strong as she is, lacks the capability of projecting her force. Not for long and that is added to China's list of capabilities, though...

Comment

Personal pet peeve: Martin guitars advertised as "pre war" from 1940...
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font color="red"><b><a target="_blank" href="http://www.learntheukulele.com/">LearnTheUkulele.com</a> * </b></font><font color="red"><b><a target="_blank" href="http://www.songwritingcircle.com/">SongwritingCircle.com</a> * </b></font><font color="red"><b><a target="_blank" href="http://www.MojoCaster.com">MojoCaster.com</a> *<a target="_blank" href="http://www.GuitarVideoReviews.com"> GuitarVideoReviews.com</a> * <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ThreeChordGuitar.com">ThreeChordGuitar.com</a> </b></font><br><br>Listen to my music at <a target="_blank" href="http://ukensmile.bandcamp.com"><b>www.UkenSmile.com</b></a>!<br><br><br><br><b><font color="Lime">Now on twitter: @MojoCaster - offering private lessons via Skype</font></b></div></div>

Comment

I hope you're correct, katopp. I don't think we're gonna have to wait long to find out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Good morning Opa. My, aren't we a cheery group this fine morning.

Here's some lyrics from part of an old folk song by Tom Lehrer from about 1959, that I used to perform in coffee houses in the early 60's. Just to keep the mood going for everyone....

((
                      And we will all go together when we go
                      What a comforting thought that is to know.
                      Universal bereavement, an inspiring achievement
                      Yes, we will all go together when we go

/ E - A - / - F#m B7 - / E E7 A F#m / B7 - E C7 /

We will all go together when we go
                      All suffused with an incandescent glow
                      No one will have the endurance to collect on his insurance
                      Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go

/ F - Bb - / - Gm C7 - / F F7 Bb Gm / C7 - F C#7 /

Oh we will all fry together when we fry
                      We'll be french fried potatoes by and by
                      There will be no more misery when the world is our rotisserie
                      Yes, we will all fry together when we fry

/ F# - E - / - - Eb - / - - / E - / Bb7 - Eb - /

Down by the old maelstrom
                      There'll be a storm before the calm

/ Eb F7 Bb7 - / Bb7 G7 Cm B7 /

And we will all bake together when we bake
                      There'll be nobody present at the wake
                      With complete participation in that grand incineration
                      Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak
                      ))

I'm pretty sure you can find the whole song on-line to impress your friends and neighbors with this bit of Cold War nostalgia.

What do you do when the world gives you lemons?

Paul

Comment

Tom Lehrer did some very funny songs.
                        I hadn't heard that one.

Comment

Good morning Opa. My, aren't we a cheery group this fine morning.

Here's some lyrics from part of and old folk song by Tom Lehrer from about 1959, that I used to perform in coffee houses in the early 60's. Just to keep the mood going for everyone....

((
                          And we will all go together when we go
                          What a comforting thought that is to know.
                          Universal bereavement, an inspiring achievement
                          Yes, we will all go together when we go

/ E - A - / - F#m B7 - / E E7 A F#m / B7 - E C7 /

We will all go together when we go
                          All suffused with an incandescent glow
                          No one will have the endurance to collect on his insurance
                          Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go

/ F - Bb - / - Gm C7 - / F F7 Bb Gm / C7 - F C#7 /

Oh we will all fry together when we fry
                          We'll be french fried potatoes by and by
                          There will be no more misery when the world is our rotisserie
                          Yes, we will all fry together when we fry

/ F# - E - / - - Eb - / - - / E - / Bb7 - Eb - /

Down by the old maelstrom
                          There'll be a storm before the calm

/ Eb F7 Bb7 - / Bb7 G7 Cm B7 /

And we will all bake together when we bake
                          There'll be nobody present at the wake
                          With complete participation in that grand incineration
                          Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak
                          ))

I'm pretty sure you can find the whole song on-line to impress your friends and neighbors with this bit of Cold War nostalgia.

What do you do when the world gives you lemons?

Paul

Nice toon....and what do you do when the world gives you lemons?

Write a song about cooking?......How to cook Humans?
                          Steve Goodman Fan/Eddie Wright Fan/Damon Fowler Fan<br><br>2012 Gibson J45 Standard Spruce/mahogany<br><br>1969 Framus 12 String Spruce/Mahogany<br>1990's Larrivee D2 (Spruce/Mahogany)<br>2007-8 Guild C0-2C (Spruce/Mahogany)<br>2009 Recording King RO-26 (Spruce/Mahogany)<br>1962-3 Gibson LG2 (Spruce/Mahogany)<br><br><br>

Comment

Most people using this term are referring to the second world war.
                            Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Come to think of it, I'd like to own a "post-depression".....
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>no pain no gain no volume</i> : &quot;D03nut&quot;<br />
                              <br />
                              CMWANLW (kwba)<br />
                              <br />
                              <a href="http://www.musishen.com" target="_blank">www.musishen.com</a></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X