Sekova Acoustics?

TN.Frank

• Members

Local guy has a Sekova "Classical" Acoustic listed for $50 bucks. The pic looks like a standard steel string guitar, not a classical nylon string guitar.

Anyway, I know it won't be a Martin, Gibson or Taylor but for $50 bucks I wonder if it might be worth taking a chance on just to get something to mess around on?

I've got my Hopelong Cassidy mugs sold, guy will pick them up tomorrow, that's $20 bucks and if I can sell a couple more things that'll give me enough to pick this up no sweat and probably have a few bucks left over. I e-mailed the guy to get a model number too so I'll post that when I get it so we might sort it out a bit more.

So, just wanted to get some more info on em' and see if anyone has or had one what if they can be set up to be decent enough to play? Thanks, talk to ya'll later.

• Members

I could probably give it a try before I buy since the guy is here in Crossville but it's kind of on the back burner for now. Got a Harmony Sovereign 000 on the way thanks to a friend here on the forum. This really is a pretty great forum to hang out on with a great bunch of folks. Glad I came back. If I every try to leave again give me a swift kick in the seat of the pants,LOL

• Members

Local guy has a Sekova "Classical" Acoustic listed for $50 bucks. The pic looks like a standard steel string guitar, not a classical nylon string guitar.

Anyway, I know it won't be a Martin, Gibson or Taylor but for $50 bucks I wonder if it might be worth taking a chance on just to get something to mess around on?

I've got my Hopelong Cassidy mugs sold, guy will pick them up tomorrow, that's $20 bucks and if I can sell a couple more things that'll give me enough to pick this up no sweat and probably have a few bucks left over. I e-mailed the guy to get a model number too so I'll post that when I get it so we might sort it out a bit more.

So, just wanted to get some more info on em' and see if anyone has or had one what if they can be set up to be decent enough to play? Thanks, talk to ya'll later.

About on par with a Ventura...both being '70s-era Pacific-Rim instruments that range from "OK" to "Damn, that cool!"...

As long as the neck is straight, intonation is good, and the bridge is well glued down, you get a decent guitar for a very decent price!

You can improve the tone considerably by putting a hardwood shim beneath that adjustable saddle...right now only two points, the ends of the adjustment screws, are touching the top to transmit the sound...PM me if you need more detailed instructions.

• Members

Get the Sekova anyway, Frank. Maybe with two guitars you won't get bored as quickly as in the past. And, like Terry points out, the tone in the Sekova can be enhanced with a little bit of work you haven't done yet. A little techy time can be fun.

Archived