Malware pages

FretFiend.

• Members

I'm on a Linux box, using FF and have buttoned my box down pretty tight (NoScript, ad blockers, and a slew of other tight security stuff). I temporarily over-rode multiple warnings to get here and post this.

Here's a pasted copy of the warning I'm getting:

What is the current listing status for acapella.harmony-central.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 276 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-02.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including amp*ge.org/. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS13649 (VINS), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, acapella.harmony-central.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

• Members

I, too, use MSE and have gotten no issues, so far.

Perhaps H-C is getting some more down time in the not-distant future?

MSE is lame. I've cleaned up numerous boxes whose owners depended on MSE, includng my own hubby's. Just about worn out my MBAM and TDSSKill CDs getting rid of crap MSE never caught.

You Win-Doze guys want decent free security, check out Comodo or Avast or Kapersky.

Edit to add:

Obviously, don't click on an ad here (or just about anywhere on da Interwebz).

And.....this is another reason I don't hang out here so much anymore.

• Members
MSE is lame. I've cleaned up numerous boxes whose owners depended on MSE, includng my own hubby's. Just about worn out my MBAM and TDSSKill CDs getting rid of crap MSE never caught.

You Win-Doze guys want decent free security, check out Comodo or Avast or Kapersky.

Edit to add:

Obviously, don't click on an ad here (or just about anywhere on da Interwebz).

And.....this is another reason I don't hang out here so much anymore.

Yep. MSE is often ineffective.
Kaspersky is good, but it's not free. AVG is good too.

I did some more digging, and found out that Google is causing the alarms. And best I can tell it is false alarming over one of the scripts in the HC pages. :rolleyes:

• Members
Yep. MSE is often ineffective.

Kaspersky is good, but it's not free.
AVG is good too.

I did some more digging, and found out that Google is causing the alarms. And best I can tell it is false alarming over one of the scripts in the HC pages.
:rolleyes:

Oops, my bad. :facepalm:
You're right, Kapersky isn't free, but I thought they had a free trial.

• Members
Well, this is {censored}ed up. I can only get on the forum through my phone... Not willing to risk my computer because I can't afford to replace it, but my phone is a piece of {censored}...

Sami!! Nice to see you again.
:wave:

Heck no, cause you're always spending all your money on pecker replacements. You need to read the thread on B/S wood and the quality of such. Some of it is danged X-pensive, and it won't affect your tone one damned bit, but it should last a long time, depending on the caliber of hand gun you accidentally shoot yerself with.:thu:

Archived