A or B?

Bullettoothtony

• Members

So my nephew is in the market for a new guitar and has somehow whittled the contenders down to 2. I'm not sure they would be my choices at the price point but each to their own. Limited options and the necessity for electronics in order to accompany me at our aunts forthcoming wedding may be factors. He wanted my opinion on which is the better guitar. He asked me not to confuse him further by offering more options so I didn't. They are the recording king RD126 FE2 and the fender CJ290sce. I looked both up and while the fender looks nicer to me, the RK is all solid wood.It also comes with a bone nut and saddle and the fishman matrix system. For these reasons I've said IMO the RK is the better deal. I also said I'd run it by the fine folks at the HCAG forum for a consultation from more experienced and knowledgeable people. So, what say ye??

• Members

If you take a mahogany, a rosewwod, a koa and a maple guitar of quality, by the same maker/company, of the same vintage (give or take a couple years), in the same body style, and can't tell the difference in each guitar's back/sides wood's contribution to it's sound, you should definately have your hearing checked.

Not saying that one is better than another, but there are differences. OTOH, the differences between EIR and BR, on two guitars of the same maker/company, of the same vintage (give or take a couple years), and in the same body style, will be VERY subtle, if at all detectable. Mostly it'll be visual, really...much like the subtle differences between sapele and Honduras mahogany will be largely "psycho-coustical"...

• Members

If you take a mahogany, a rosewwod, a koa and a maple guitar of quality, by the same maker/company, of the same vintage (give or take a couple years), in the same body style, and can't tell the difference in each guitar's back/sides wood's contribution to it's sound, you should definately have your hearing checked.

Not saying that one is better than another, but there
are
differences. OTOH, the differences between EIR and BR, on two guitars of the same maker/company, of the same vintage (give or take a couple years), and in the same body style, will be VERY subtle, if at all detectable. Mostly it'll be visual, really...much like the subtle differences between sapele and Honduras mahogany will be largely "psycho-coustical"...

Psycho-coustical!! Terry, that is perhaps the greatest ever word which doesn't exist I've heard. Well done that man!! haha love it!!

Archived