Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A or B?

So my nephew is in the market for a new guitar and has somehow whittled the contenders down to 2. I'm not sure they would be my choices at the price point but each to their own. Limited options and the necessity for electronics in order to accompany me at our aunts forthcoming wedding may be factors. He wanted my opinion on which is the better guitar. He asked me not to confuse him further by offering more options so I didn't. They are the recording king RD126 FE2 and the fender CJ290sce. I looked both up and while the fender looks nicer to me, the RK is all solid wood.It also comes with a bone nut and saddle and the fishman matrix system. For these reasons I've said IMO the RK is the better deal. I also said I'd run it by the fine folks at the HCAG forum for a consultation from more experienced and knowledgeable people. So, what say ye??
    "If you walk through the streets of life looking behind you, you're gonna bump into ****************"

Given the two choices, I'd go for the RK. Much more bang for the buck when compared to the Fender.

Alternatively, has your nephew checked out Yammies? They'd be viable contenders in what I think is the price range here.

Comment

Your assessment of the guitars is sound.
      __________________________________________________ _________
      Wondering where all the voices of dissent went?...
      http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ty-voice/rants
      When this place craters check this out...
      http://village.melodyvine.com/forum/

Comment

Another vote for the RK
        God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

I'd rather have the RK than the Fender.
          This here is my music what I make with my mouth and instruments and such

Comment

Rk

Comment

Recording King by a mile, unless the logo is twice as important as the rest of the guitar.

Comment

Thanks all, upon reading your replies this morning I dropped him an e-mail telling him to get the RK sharpish!! lol Samilyn thanks for that, I looked at yamaha's in this price range
                "If you walk through the streets of life looking behind you, you're gonna bump into ****************"

Comment

ixnay on the enderfay.

Comment

ixnay on the enderfay.

HUH??

Comment

ixnay on the enderfay.

Pig Latin ? Really ?

Think I'll cue up some Abbott and Costello or maybe Three Stooges .....

Paul

Comment

Comment

ixnay on the enderfay.

Ok so does that mean you'd have the fender or no on the fender? ixnay = Nix? Nix??? lol Never heard of pig latin either so no wonder I was lost... If only there was a way for us to communicate using another means...

Comment

Another vote for the RK

I'm with these guys.

Comment

Recording King - by a mile!
                              Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X