Guitarfetish.com makes you wonder sometimes

LightenUpMcGraw

• Members

I've gotten a couple of great guitars from them and their customer service is top notch but sometimes they make you go hmmmmm. In spending some time on their web site I've noticed that there are several typo's in their product discriptions. I noticed one on the page of one of the guitars I bought and dropped them a note telling them about it and got an email right back saying how much they appreciated the heads up. The wierd thing is that weeks later I was on the site again and noticed they never bothered to correct the typo. I just thought it was sort of weird to respond to my letter but never even bother to fix the mistake.

There products are great but I always lose confidence in a company if they can't even get their product discriptions on a page without making typo's, it shows a lack of professionalism or a who cares type thing going on. Myself when I see that a company can't even get their text right it makes me less likely to spend my money with them; which was the point I was making to them. Guess getting it right isn't a priority to them althought customer communication is. Go figure.

• Members

. Go figure.

Red = Misspelling

Green = Incorrect syntax

Light Blue = Lack of punctuation

Yellow = Personal pronoun unidentified and missing punctuation.

Hey, I'm no English grammar perfesser and I often communicate just like you did above cuz I don't give a crap. But, geeze man...make an attempt at your own grammar skills before throwing stones.

Oh, and lighten up.

• Members

Red = Misspelling

Green = Incorrect syntax

Light Blue = Lack of punctuation

Yellow = Personal pronoun unidentified
and
missing punctuation.

Hey, I'm no English grammar perfesser and I often communicate just like you did above cuz I don't give a crap. But, geeze man...make an attempt at your own grammar skills before throwing stones.

Oh, and lighten up.

Man you really took a lot of time to take to piss didn't you, what clever useage of colors and charts, power points and all that stuff. You made sure not to focus on my points at all, but rather used seized the opportunity to try and make a mockery of me and my post as best you could, but WHY? Did I insult you with the post, or is it all about showing how smart you are? No really was the content not worth commenting on because of the errors?

Funny thing is I was going to correct with an edit but damn if you both didn't swoop down to point things out before I had the chance. Good people you are helping out in such ways. Hope my syntex isn't off oh how will I go on. Glad you tried so hard to throw the shame down on me but I'm not a company selling products on a web page and that's the real difference in the two. Guess I'll try to do better for the assholes named Opa John {censored} wad and Pitar {censored} wad number two. Feel free to spell check me it should make you feel much superior, you are what you eat rump roast.

• Members

One final post, just look at the volume of posts by you two idiots, 1700 and 4200 posts, is just another way of saying that neither of you actually have a life, because if you did you wouldn't have the time for thousands of posts. No family? No friends? No time for this type of {censored}e if you did. You guys are the over poster asses that inhabit forums. You don't comment on a posters thread but would rather bag on them and NEVER even breach the subject in the thread says more about you then my dumb ass. So thanks for pushing me out the door with rudness as I won't be back here to interupt your thousands of posts. Good work, you did your job well, you took to piss till it was time for me to go for good. Don't cry you {censored}ing slimey ass face {censored}ers not the joint is all yours. GET A LIFE.

• Members

One final post, just look at the volume of posts by you two idiots, 1700 and 4200 posts, is just another way of saying that neither of you actually have a life, because if you did you wouldn't have the time for thousands of posts. No family? No friends? No time for this type of {censored}e if you did. You guys are the over poster asses that inhabit forums. You don't comment on a posters thread but would rather bag on them and NEVER even breach the subject in the thread says more about you then my dumb ass. So thanks for pushing me out the door with rudness as I won't be back here to interupt your thousands of posts. Good work, you did your job well, you took to piss till it was time for me to go for good. Don't cry you {censored}ing slimey ass face {censored}ers not the joint is all yours. GET A LIFE.

Well, there ya go, LUM. You're getting all jerky just because someone tried to educate you a little bit. That's probably why you are the way you are and will, more than likely, remain that way. You know what your problem is, LUM? You can't take any constructive criticism.....you {censored}ing dumbass!

• Members

Now we're cookin'. My kind of thread. LUM, I don't really want you to go, but you might want to adjust the attitude. Easy going, fun people here. You just have to stay in the shallow end until people get to know you. Just like real life. :idea:

• Members

There is irony in this thread so many different ways that I'm too lazy to count.

We are in the age of irony.

To OP, a professional copy editor would add about $1.28 to the cost of each guitar. People need their git boxes to cost as little as possible.

Perhaps the money they save on editing is going to the living wage being paid to their 13 year old Chinese luthiers?

• Members

To the OP - many small retailers contract their website design and maintenance to outside companies. The errors and lack of website corrections could be due to bad website administration.

I agree, it is hard to place confidence in companies that have bad info, misspellings and bad grammar on their website. With that said, even the big retailers have mistakes on their websites from time to time.

• Members

For some reason this thread reminds me of the first video I saw of a Buddhist Monk sitting down, legs crossed, in the street, in some Vietnamese city, pouring gasoline over himself, and then reaching for a lighter.

At that moment, you just knew there wasn't going to be a happy ending to the story.:facepalm:

Paul

• Members

Then again, the OP isn't writing for public consumption but rather as part of a somewhat limited-interest forum. It's possible if not probable that guitarfetish.com farms out their web design/maintenance and whoever is responsible doesn't give a crap. Still, it doesn't inspire confidence. Personally, I generally avoid businesses that have typos on their web sites or eBay descriptions.

• Members

If there are typos, and my persona calls for the elimination of all people who so commit them by hanging, guillotine, lethal injection or other demise for public entertainment, then there'd be no men posting here by now. Except Knockwood. He'd hide in his city sewers and taunt me from them.

Folks, who cares? I'm not the one who coined the expression "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones." Or, said another way: LightenUpMcGraw.

Archived