Band Order

poppytater

• Members

This is a serious Inquest? Not possible for this meager and doubtful opinion to go so boldly into the ratings game. Not with any expectation of credibility.

On Queen - Mercury had some pipes. Roy Orbison had greater range. Queen was too orchestrated for me. The Moody Blues was also getting a bit musically windy. Simple bands with good writing and live execution I think got less than their share of the spotlight. The Beatles were mostly studio-enhanced via Martin. Mason Proffit, Blue Oyster Cult, Jethro Tull, Elton John and others come to mind as very skilled live players. I can sit on my computer and generate music the likes of orchestral ensembles of a million angels vying to have hot sloppy sex with me, in a musical sense. No hate on Queen but their live performances needed to have orchestral background recordings played while they sort of milled around the stage head bobbing to it. WTF? At least The Moody Blues hired real orchestras.

Or, "...can analysis be worthwhile? ...Is the theatre really dead?..." - Paul Simon, Dangling Conversation.

Archived