Bluegrass Uke?

Neal

• Members

Very nice bud! I recently had to do some hotel stays for work, and brought my uke with me. First time I played it since the summer, and I had a real good time with it. It's a lot easier to travel with than the bari! My problem is I've only got about 3 songs together on it (and 1 is a work in progress). I really need to work on my repitoire!

• Members

Thanks Mike. I don't think I'd ever bring my guitar to a hotel, one, it'd be louder than I think the other guests would like, and two, the uke's much more convenient (only MHO wink.gif ). Speaking of songs, on a personal note, I find them a lot easier to arrange on the uke.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Speaking of songs, on a personal note, I find them a lot easier to arrange on the uke.
That's interesting! On guitar I'm a technician. I don't write songs or come up with my own arrangements. I learn to reproduce them. I usually tell people when it comes to guitar, I'm no writer but I can type. Of the three tunes I do on uke, 1 is original and 1 is my own arrangement that I just plinked away at until it solidified. Only 1 of the three came from sheet music (which is how I picked up more than 90% of my guitar repitoire).

I'm definitely inclined to agree with you!

• Members

There are a number of books, one interesting one is Jim Beloff's "Daily Ukulele, some cool songs, some crappy songs, but there's 365 of 'em. You can find it online for under 16 bucks, 30 brand new. I understand from a post in another forum that there are bluegrass uke books as well. Hmm, maybe I should get one... nah.

Archived