(String) Change is Good

jamesp

• Members

The downside to my MO of switching between instruments until they've all got dead strings is that eventually the day comes when you're out of guitars and you've got to put on some new strings. Some times I'll just change out one guitar or mandolin and keep playing, but occasionally, usually on a rainy day, I'll get the crazed notion to change strings on all of them. That rainy day has arrived...

I just now finished stringing-up two guitars and a mandolin*, so I'm essentially halfway through the stable. What say ye, HCAG, should I keep going or get to practicing?

*days like this are I'm glad I don't have any 12-strings.

• Members

Bosh. Dead strings can make great sounding music.

My ordeal is over. I skipped the Tele b/c I don't have any more Electric strings in the stash.

So I've got two guitars and three mandolins before the next string change! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp

View Post

Bosh. Dead strings can make great sounding music.

My ordeal is over. I skipped the Tele b/c I don't have any more Electric strings in the stash.

So I've got two guitars and three mandolins before the next string change! thumb.gif

James .... I have a set of Regular Slinky's you can have, but I need your Fax number. idn_smilie.gif

Paul

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by recordingtrack1

View Post

We need a little Buzz Lightyear emoticon!idea.gif

Holding a stringwinder, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver

View Post

James .... I have a set of Regular Slinky's you can have, but I need your Fax number. idn_smilie.gif

Paul

Ha!

I really don't play that Tele enough to bother it with new strings.

Archived