It's "National" (Pasta) Day

Queequeg

• Members

Home made? Like, real home made from the actual dough and stuff? Pretty ambitious. I remember my wife and I spending an entire Saturday making various kinds of bread and pasta from all the various ingredients. The perfect pioneering prairie couple. That lasted till about 6:00 pm when we went out to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I loved that place. Now we have a Macaroni Grill near us and it isn't holding up to my standards for a pasta joint at all. The grocer sells the blister packed Del Monte stuff that's better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar

View Post

Home made? Like, real home made from the actual dough and stuff? Pretty ambitious. I remember my wife and I spending an entire Saturday making various kinds of bread and pasta from all the various ingredients. The perfect pioneering prairie couple.

Okay, I apologize for not being more specific. The pasta is store bought, whole wheat (diabetes approved), and she makes the sauce from scratch. Great little cook, but I don't want to wear her out on pasta production efforts. Makes her own meatballs too!

Damn, now I'm getting real hungry .........

Paul

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar

View Post

That's right. You can't eat just any old gruel. I just finished some vegetarian chili. Garth would have approved. I'll have to put up the recipe. Mildly spicy. I'm gonna chase it with a New Castle.

Well, that was yummy ... love.gif

I elected to enhance my meal with a slightly precocious and pleasantly fragrant Merlot from a local winery.

Life is good ......tongue.gif

Paul

• Members

And now, folks, for the delightful musical stylings of Roy Rogers (w/ Dale Evans on Bass, Trigger on drums)

A tune we've rebranded "Spaghetti alla chitarra"

(Named after the guitar-like device used to cut the pasta, which has a wooden frame strung with metal wires, sheets of pasta are pressed down onto the device, and then the wires are "strummed" so the slivers of pasta fall through)

Archived