Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's "National" (Pasta) Day

In honor of the occasion, think I'll slide into a plate of linguine and clam sauce.

So, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuzfgagmrBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnEp6ogjKXE
    Guitars = Chick Magnet
    Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
    You do the math.

HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.
    Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins

Comment

Q, I'll never be able to appreciate that kind of playing I'm afraid. I don't like tuxedos. But, I will consume a pile of pasta to mark the occasion.
      Be back when I get back. TTFN.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar
        View Post

Q, I'll never be able to appreciate that kind of playing I'm afraid. I don't like tuxedos. But, I will consume a pile of pasta to mark the occasion.

but; but; but... the cummerbunds!

Hey man, not my fault its National Pasta Day.

You think I make this stuff up or something?

Comment

Q, I would not accuse you of making anything up, covers being your self-imposed faire and flare.

Comment

View Post

Q, I would not accuse you of making anything up, covers being your self-imposed faire and flare.

touch

Comment

This is about as close to celebrating National Pasta Day as I could possibly get.....

A song about NO pasta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=383EHH-3iNs

Roger Waters
              Echoes
              from the MEDDLE LP

Comment

Home made spaghetti for dinner tonight !!!

And the wife doesn't even know it's National Pasta Day .......

Should I tell her ?

Paul

Comment

Home made? Like, real home made from the actual dough and stuff? Pretty ambitious. I remember my wife and I spending an entire Saturday making various kinds of bread and pasta from all the various ingredients. The perfect pioneering prairie couple. That lasted till about 60 pm when we went out to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I loved that place. Now we have a Macaroni Grill near us and it isn't holding up to my standards for a pasta joint at all. The grocer sells the blister packed Del Monte stuff that's better.

Comment

View Post

Home made? Like, real home made from the actual dough and stuff? Pretty ambitious. I remember my wife and I spending an entire Saturday making various kinds of bread and pasta from all the various ingredients. The perfect pioneering prairie couple.

Okay, I apologize for not being more specific. The pasta is store bought, whole wheat (diabetes approved), and she makes the sauce from scratch. Great little cook, but I don't want to wear her out on pasta production efforts. Makes her own meatballs too!

Damn, now I'm getting real hungry .........

Paul

Comment

That's right. You can't eat just any old gruel. I just finished some vegetarian chili. Garth would have approved. I'll have to put up the recipe. Mildly spicy. I'm gonna chase it with a New Castle.

Comment

View Post

That's right. You can't eat just any old gruel. I just finished some vegetarian chili. Garth would have approved. I'll have to put up the recipe. Mildly spicy. I'm gonna chase it with a New Castle.

Well, that was yummy ...

I elected to enhance my meal with a slightly precocious and pleasantly fragrant Merlot from a local winery.

Life is good ......

Paul

Comment

I just inhaled one of Subway's 12" Italian subs enhanced by chugging a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20/20. Garth would NOT have approved. Happy pasta day, everybody!
                          Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

I ate a can of Chef Boyardee Spagetti O's with some Miller Lite. Does that count?
                            __________________________________________________ _________
                            Wondering where all the voices of dissent went?...
                            http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ty-voice/rants
                            When this place craters check this out...
                            http://village.melodyvine.com/forum/

Comment

And now, folks, for the delightful musical stylings of Roy Rogers (w/ Dale Evans on Bass, Trigger on drums)

A tune we've rebranded "Spaghetti alla chitarra"

(Named after the guitar-like device used to cut the pasta, which has a wooden frame strung with metal wires, sheets of pasta are pressed down onto the device, and then the wires are "strummed" so the slivers of pasta fall through)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW08Rc802MQ

Comment

Working...
                              X