Attention: Pitar.......

Opa John

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Opa John View Post
I tried to send this via a PM, but I don't think there's a way to do it. So...here it is.

Thanks for the compliment. Methinks you're being way too kind........Opa John

Don't Think Twice, It's Alright.mp3 (3.18 MB)
Got it, thank you belly much. Ain't patronizin'. You got that been-there 40 year Camel Straights growl of sincerity working on this over a well played melody, Opa. This is the stuff.

• Members

You're very welcome. Outside of my sister, you're only about the second person who's ever asked for any of my stuff.

And, actually it was Marlboros and Benson & Hedges, but I know what you mean. I had a cold/flu when I recorded it. You can tell that by the way it sounded every time I tried to hit those two low notes....."It's Alright"....I changed it to an octave higher in the last verse.

• Members

Dang, fellas! I really don't feel deserving of all of these accolades. I'll be 70 in about a month and you guys are making an old man feel pretty good right now. I'm getting flashbacks of when I was in my late 30s and early 40s when a friend and I used to entertain the "regulars" at a local pub every Saturday afternoon and of the fun we had and the kind remarks we both got back then. You guys have no idea how much your comments mean to me. Thanks again.....Opa John....

• Members

Opa,
I'm moving this thought over from VOMIT since you've graduated to a thread of your own ! wink.gif

I too was a little concerned, a few months ago, that my song list was full of tunes that are older than most people on this forum. And some, not only old, but obscure enough that even folks from our generation didn't recognize them. After all, there were hundreds of really great regional tunes that never "made it" to national play status simply because of timing, or promotion.

Then it hit me ! Those songs are like new tunes to most people. So, I don't refer to them as "oldies" now, and I even slip in a few originals, without mentioning that they are older than dirt. Although, I did tell one person I wrote a particular tune while I was on death row, before the governor gave me that pardon. icon_lol.gif

It is rather difficult to pull that with a Dylan tune though !!

Can't wait to hear your next offering .....
Paul

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettoothtony

View Post

You definitely have that 'been right through the ringer' quality to your voice.

Agreed. Damn, that voice throws some amazing backlighting onto a song. Just been listening to it again. Fortunately, when I played it the first time it just opened up directly in my iTunes, so it's there to stay.

Archived