OT - Seems Like Every Morning.........

Opa John

• Members

.....I wake up with a song playing in my head. This morning, it was this one, for some strange reason. The man didn't even sing my brand of music, but the way he did it always impressed me. He made every song he did sound like it was written just for him!

You can talk about the old crooners from yesteryear, like Tony Bennett, Al Martino, even Old Blue Eyes, but in my book....this guy was the best at his craft.

Since I can't seem to be able to post a You Tube video, here's a link to what I'm talking about. And I still miss his TV shows from back in the '70s.

EDIT: Now, would ya look at that. It's 24 hours later now and it works again like a champ! Sure is a mystery to me........idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer

View Post

I woke up humming this for the last 2 days...freak.gif

OK, OGP....how'd you do that?

I've always right clicked on the video I wanted to post, then clicked on "copy video at current time" and just stuck it in the little video icon here. Been doing it like that for a long time. Now it doesn't seem to work.....so, can you let me know the exact way you do it?

• Members

Dean even sounds intoxicated when he sings. I remember watching one of his weekly television shows thinking he was going to fall off the bench he was sitting on. He was singing a duo at the time. I give him credit for getting through it though ...

Just an observation not a judgement.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Opa John

View Post

OK, OGP....how'd you do that?

I've always right clicked on the video I wanted to post, then clicked on "copy video at current time" and just stuck it in the little video icon here. Been doing it like that for a long time. Now it doesn't seem to work.....so, can you let me know the exact way you do it?

John, click on the insert video icon, then instead of clicking share copy and paste the full link address from the top (main search bar). Then the actual video posts.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar

View Post

Music is not in my soul, mind or other morning pre-conscious sensory periphery. Tinnitus, however, is in full choral resplendence.

Joe, do you speak like this in real life, or do you just tend to get flowery here on HCAG?

I don't think you've ever used a word that I need a dictionary for, but I must say, the way you string 'em together just isn't in my every-day conversational vocabulary. I wouldn't want you to change anything, though. I like you just the way you are! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettoothtony

View Post

John, click on the insert video icon, then instead of clicking share copy and paste the full link address from the top (main search bar). Then the actual video posts.

Thanks, but if I understand what you're saying, I tried that. Still didn't work. Doesn't seem to change a thing. All I get when I click on the "insert video" icon is the black box and the little spinning wheel for a couple of seconds, then it disappears.

Hell..I can't even find the FAQ page around here anymore!

EDIT: I'll also say that I'm not the dumbest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the smartest! facepalm.gif Not when it comes to computers, anyway!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdBega

View Post

Dean even sounds intoxicated when he sings. I remember watching one of his weekly television shows thinking he was going to fall off the bench he was sitting on. He was singing a duo at the time. I give him credit for getting through it though ...

Just an observation not a judgement.

WHAT?? eek.gif Are you actually implying that Dino drank?? phileek.gif

• Members

View Post

Joe, do you speak like this in real life, or do you just tend to get flowery here on HCAG?

I don't think you've ever used a word that I need a dictionary for, but I must say, the way you string 'em together just isn't in my every-day conversational vocabulary. I wouldn't want you to change anything, though. I like you just the way you are! thumb.gif

Opa, I'm here from another solar system only for the average life span of a normal, healthy human being and then I must report back in person.

The speech I have been given to use is taken from a time far preceding the current linguistic culture. It has been determined to be of no particular colloquialism, identifiable global, regional and/or klan origin. It is a benign, albeit archaically formal and boring choice but so far enjoys an inoffensive part in my research. IOWs, it's a good tool.

One of my hero models:

• Members

View Post

Opa, I'm here from another solar system only for the average life span of a normal, healthy human being and then I must report back in person.

Damn!! And I was sooo close too. See........"flowery" was my first guess, but "another solar system" was going to be my second.

• Members

View Post

The speech I have been given to use is taken from a time far preceding the current linguistic culture. It has been determined to be of no particular colloquialism, identifiable global, regional and/or klan origin. It is a benign, albeit archaically formal and boring choice but so far enjoys an inoffensive part in my research. IOWs, it's a good tool.

One of my hero models:

Klaatu, Barada, Nikto thumb.gif

(some syfy geek will surely correct me on that)

• Members

Wiki-grab -

"Because there is no official translation of the phrase, people have speculated about what it means. A few notable attempts have been made to determine the phrase's meaning.

Philosophy professor Aeon J. Skoble speculates the famous phrase is a safeword that is part of a fail-safe feature used during diplomatic missions such as the one Klaatu and Gort make to Earth. With the use of the safe-word, Gort's deadly force can be deactivated in the event the robot is undesirably triggered into a defensive posture. Skoble observes that the theme has evolved into a "staple of science fiction that the machines charged with protecting us from ourselves will misuse or abuse their power."[3] In this interpretation, the phrase apparently tells Gort that Klaatu considers escalation unnecessary."

It took The Professor to provide the necessary linguistic forensics to properly interpret this movie phrase. Good ol' Aeon comes though again.

• Members

View Post

LMFAO.

P.S. Ever watch Wooster and Jeeves?

Nope. Watched some short vids on You Tube. I'm sure it's one I'd get hooked on. I've always been a big fan of Brit-Com. Two of my favorites have always been "Are You Being Served" and "Keeping Up Appearances". The English still believe TV programming should be entertaining instead of the weak excuse we here in the states have to suffer through. As for me, I watch football, Discovery, National Geographic and the History channel.

Other than those, I'd just as soon watch Sponge Bob with my grand-daughter.

• Members

View Post

Nope. Watched some short vids on You Tube. I'm sure it's one I'd get hooked on. I've always been a big fan of Brit-Com. Two of my favorites have always been "Are You Being Served" and "Keeping Up Appearances". The English still believe TV programming should be entertaining instead of the weak excuse we here in the states have to suffer through. As for me, I watch football, Discovery, National Geographic and the History channel.

Other than those, I'd just as soon watch Sponge Bob with my grand-daughter.

"Are You Being Served" was a classic. The old bag in "Keeping Up Appearances" often got my chauvinist chops in a flare. I realize is was written to elicit that but, still, I wanted to bitch slap her anyway. Otherwise, Discovery (aka The War and Nature Channel) was one I'd watch. At the moment I'm TV-less and haven't had a reason to change that. Wooster and Jeeves was something my brother mentioned to me for a couple chuckles, and I do like Hugh Laurie. His bit in the Black Adder series alongside Rowan Atkinson often had me laughing more than Rowan's bit did. This iMac screen has great quality and is big enough to hang a brit-com next to a work document. Sometimes it's a wonder I get anything done. BTW, google Laurie playing blues on u-tube. That guy can do everything well and no less so on guitar in a 3-piece blues ensemble.

Archived