genz benz shenandoah 80lt acoustic amp

mistersully

• Members
shen80lt_lg.jpg

i have an opportunity to pick one of these amps up for a very good price... i'm not wise in the ways of acoustic amps, so i'd love to hear any opinions on it

at this stage it would be used for practicing at home, with a view to doing some solo gigs

i just bought a cole clark FL2ac (pics below).. i use both the onboard pickup system and a LRBaggs M1 magnetic sound hole pickup.. so the guitar has dual outputs... the magnetic pickup would be fed into a kemper profiling amp and then into one channel of the acoustic amp, with the cole clark piezo/face brace pickups going into the other

i've since permanently installed the soundhole pickup so there's no lead coming out now

front2.jpg

back3.jpg

pickup.jpg

thanks smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Howie22 View Post
I had a Shen 60LT for a while. Nice sounding amp. I just didn't use it so much as I thought I would, so I traded it in on a new guitar.
I have the Shen 60LT, too. Don't think they made an 80 watt at the time I bought mine.
Used it every Saturday until just recently. (Only because I just quit doing that Saturday gig.)
GB are real good acoustic amps.

• Members

Parametric EQ. This terminology is as useful to a musician as is the term "Intercooler" to a driver in a vehicle utilizing turbine boosted induction. Yet, we see both terms badged onto amps and cars, respectively, as if these are intuitively understood by their operators.

I just looked up parametric EQ, for the umpteenth time, in hopes of maybe gleaning a hint of its meaning to the user of an amplifier. I got nothing.

• Members

cool... sounds good... i was thinking of getting more money together for an AER compact 60, but i think this might suit my needs for a lot less money

Quote Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
Parametric EQ. This terminology is as useful to a musician as is the term "Intercooler" to a driver in a vehicle utilizing turbine boosted induction. Yet, we see both terms badged onto amps and cars, respectively, as if these are intuitively understood by their operators.

I just looked up parametric EQ, for the umpteenth time, in hopes of maybe gleaning a hint of its meaning to the user of an amplifier. I got nothing.
my understanding is that you have more control over the frequencies you are boosting or cutting... for example a Q control lets you select how wide a range of frequencies you're controlling

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pitar View Post

borne of the 20-something mind of a Madison Avenue wannabe junior marketing exec.

Archived